Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dealers, is there a Minelab enviromental cover specific to the etrac?

I would like to know aswell. They say the explorer one fits but its tight.

When I ordered my ET from Detector Depot I asked for an ET cover. It came in a separate shipment but says ET right on it. About $15 or so. Don't remember and got a newer computer and all my old e-mails have not been sent to the new one. Jim

Max, from Detector depot?

Grumpy, it has E-Trac on the cover?

work if you do a little work on them...As is, they are extremely tight and have a tendency to cover up the bottom buttons... It is possible to sew in a bigger piece of elastic if ya can get "mama" to do it... Officially there isn't a cover yet... Thanks Richard

I am totally embarrassed and apologize. I ordered an E-trac cover when I got my machine and I received a cover a few days after the ET as I ordered it when O ordered the ET, but the dealer didn't have it in stock, then. I thought it looked different from the cover that I have for the SE and I was operating from memory. Maybe not a good idea when you get older. I just went out into the shop and checked and I have two identical covers, both SE covers. Sorry! I have used the cover successfully a few times and it fits fine. You do have to kind of stretch it over the ET but being tighter, the clear plastic fits tighter against the LCD panel and there is less light reflecting and blocking what's on the screen. I may have to talk with the person from whom I purchased this as I clearly stated I wanted the cover for the ET. That was very early in their release, I got one of five that a sponsor here had, and maybe that person also thought it was the correct cover for the ET. If I had to lay money on it, I would say we both got fooled and the mistake(s) will be corrected for both of us. Again...sorry for that bad info. Jim

Not bad info Jim. nothing to be sorry about. Does the cover "cover" any of the buttons? I just dont want to order something only to order it agian down the road.

Heres a couple of pictures a friend of mine put up on another forum.

I just got an e-mail from Lynne at Detector Depot. He told me there is not a different cover for the ET. They are identical to the SE. I see you have a picture of the SE cover on the ET. That should answer the question about covering all the buttons. I've had mine on twice in the rain. It's a little tough to get it to slide on but it's doable and it kept ET dry. Jim