Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

December Digs

Terry(Mi)

The days got shorter in a hurry, and now the ground feels like perma frost... We found some new sites to hunt but we weren't the first to hit them. No one site produced real well, but each gave up a morsel or two. One of the last sites this yr produced the 5 franc coin, which is close to silver dollar size. It was quite a shock to see pop out of the ground. The flat button with the 2 holes has an E Pluribus Unum backmark. Good buttons, coins, and relics.... It was a fun month. Hope everyone has a happy holiday season and a good 2013!

http://s1357.beta.photobucket.com/user/tman332003/media/IMG_0168_zpsc5343a24-1_zps411a35be.jpg.html

Terry

Very nice finds and a great way to wrap up 2012!

Got out myself this weekend and it looks like the woods are the last place to hunt as the ground is at least still diggable . . . . looks like it is time to hunker down and get the reasearch books cracked for next year . . . .

Andy

Wow, glad you could get out. That franc is amazing. I bet your eyes about popped out. Nice. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Don
HH

Nice finds, the Franc is very nice. :thumbup:

Thanks fellas, still pumped about the big silver....Im itching to go hunt through 4" of snow with a hand pick LOL. yeap Andy, the books are out

Terry, Michigan has been a great place for a well rounded detecting experience.
You have really cleaned up wherever you are hunting.
I haven't been so fortunate with older coins (especially silver), but I have done very well in the jewelry department on land.
Can't imagine how well the beach hunters do around here. Nothing really close to me so I just work with what I've got.
I just need to do more research this winter.
Congrats on the finds!

Thanks LSM. Mi. is good state to detect in. Older coins are still out there, but research is key.
Glad to hear your doing well hunting jewelry on land, that can be tedious. Beach hunting here through the 90s was a bonanza. A lot of old lake resorts and swim holes in this area.
What part of Mi. are you in