Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Mat in MA

[size=large]I'

M6 is by design a coin hunter. It is a silent search machine meaning there is no threshold. Has Tone ID with up to 7 tones depending upon Discrimination setting OR a single tone for all targets above the Discrimination setting.

MXT has 2 Coin & Jewelry search modes, 2 Relic search modes and 2 Prospecting search modes. It has a threshold which allows it to detect targets a bit deeper than an M6. However, it does not have Tone ID.

MXT Pro has all the features of both an M6 and an MXT combined into one machine. And it has a Ground Grab button and a Backlit display.

My opinion, all three are great machines.

Good luck with your decision.
Bob

Buy the MXT Pro. You will make up the $100 real soon after a few "good" hunts. It has very nice features and is a back lit screen for low light conditions. Tone id in C/J mode is a winner. I have the MXT 300 but definately would have opted for the newer mode. HH Marty

As for the mxt and mxt pro both are the same the pro just has the added features nothing that would make the performance any better it's just a matter if you can use or want the extras for $100 bucks more.
As for the m6 I racked my brain for over a year trying to decide where to get the m6 or the mxt and I researched all I could about both detectors and from what I found they're both good and either would be good for coin hunting and working the beaches.
I picked the mxt and have no regrets what so ever if I should need another detector it will be another mxt without a doubt it just gets better and better each time I go out with it.
The mxt will have a slight edge on the m6 as for depth due to the threshold but the main reason I picked the mxt over the m6 was it has a built in prospecting mode and even though I don't live in an area to go looking for nuggets I hope to be able to some day and I will be ready if that time should come.
That's about all I know except I'm sure you'll enjoy and do well with which ever one you decide on seems whites don't make no bad machines at all it's just a matter of what ya want in one of them.

hi i had to make the decision myself, since we both live in MA.,you will find that most of the stuff you find here is 5 to 8 inches in the ground, the depth feature does nothin for me as i start at 4 inch plugs any way.The basic mxt is all you will need,save you're money as you will end up buying different coils anyways.You will find that you will want either the4x6 or6x10 to get the most and best use of your detector i chose the mxt over the m6 because i already own a very good coin shooter in the idx-pro.The threshould on the mxt is the deciding feature in my decicion. jmhop good luck with you're coice.JIM

My recommendation is to pick yourself up a high quality used MXT and try it out for 10-12 months. Some really good deals out there if you watch as people sell MXT's to purchase MXT Pro.

If you really like the MXT you can just keep it or even upgrade to the MXT Pro. If you don't like it, then you can sell for little or no loss.

Regards,

Keith

I went from the M6 to the MXT PRO and it was worth the money because of the added features such as a thresh hold control, ground grab, backlight and tone ID (a must for me) so what you are getting tis the combination of two detectors (MXT and M6) in one detector.....

I had finally decided on the MXT. I ordered it last Friday and it arrived yesterday afternoon, just in time for Christmas. My only problem now is that the ground is like a rock and there is some funny white stuff all over the top of the ground. I guess I'll just have to enjoy the learning CD's and manual that came with my package through out the winter months then get out in the Spring and really give this machine a work out.

My MXT came with a great package of goodies including a carrying bag, ear phones and a Bullseye II Pinpointer. The only thing they didn't send was some extra treasure to bury so I could find it. :lol:

There are a couple of hunts scheduled for February and March here in New England that I think I may attend. The biggest hunt will be our clubs open hunt in May. That should really be fun.

To Everyone, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Finding New Year. :wiggle:

Happy Hunting!!!

Congrats on your new MXT. I'm sure you're going to love it and the more you use it, the more you will REALLY like it. Merry Christmas to you also and hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Nancy

Good choice, & may I suggest that you do some air test so you have an idea of what all of those coins are going to sound like when you go out for the first time.