Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep coil suggestions????

bd1024

Hi everyone, I am contemplating purchasing another coil for my 705. ------ Primarily would be used for seeking silver coils in heavily hunted parks. Depth is critical.-----Should I go with the 15" Minelab coil, the 15" Coiltek, or a NEL Thunder type? Not interested in a multi frequency coil. (already own a 10.5" DD, 7.5) ----- Any suggestions.......Thanks!

While I don't have any experience with the 15" Coiltek's, before I read the your last sentence I already had the Mineab 10.5" MF coil in mind. That coil is noticeably better than the 10.5" HF coil when it comes to deep coins and silver. You may be splitting hairs for only a reasonable difference. At least in the parks around here, going from a 10.5" to a 15" coil would mean picking up more trash adjacent to a good target but your results may vary.