Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Gold Morning :wiggle:

Lightstryder

I took the CZ21 out to a local beach this morning, I had it set to Auto-Tune, ground balance at about 4.5 and sensitivity at about 9.25, with volume set at 5. I heard a tiny whisper, but repeatable. I switched to 0 disc to check it and got an iron grunt mixed with a mid tone. I have learned in the past that the deep stuff will often grunt but will most of the time be mixed. I thought it was platinum at first, but found out it is actually 18K white gold and was down at around 14 inches. I have often considered trading my CZ away to try other things, cuz the grass is always greener, right? But I gotta say the CZ21 is just about the the best I have found for my area and I love it. Not a great picture, but it sure is pretty in person!

Outstanding find Todd:thumbup:

You deserve it! Great find for a super nice Californian.

Congrats!
Paul (Ca)

TVR it's an 8 inch. I can't verify this but I have heard that the 8 is just as deep as the 10.5. So I guess ground coverage would be the major difference and the fact that 8 inch coils tend to be more sensitive to small items. I know you didn't ask, just thought I would throw that out there.
HH!

Was curious ... because I've thinking about pulling the trigger on a new beach / water detector.

I've got a CZ20 with 8 inch and really can't imagine dragging the thick profile 10.5 inch coil through the water. The 8 inch Fisher coil is about all the drag I want to deal with in moving waves. I use a CZ6A that I hunt wet sand and no more than mid-calf deep with a 12 inch FZ12. It is deeper than the CZ20 with the 8 inch. The water drag on the thin FZ12 is not bad, it is a thin profile coil, but it is not a coil to have when the target density gets high (more than one target under the coil at a time). I've seen a few CZ21's hunting with the 10.5 coil, but am not really ready to go that way. I also have an old Excal with the newer thinner profile coil on it and it drags about the same as the 8 inch CZ coil in the waves. Plus and minus to each detector and set up ... I'm going to stew about it for a while longer.

Thanks for the info on your hunting experiences!
Cheers,
tvr

CZ's certainly produce some nice gold jewelry and excel when it comes to deep....Those that have water hunted know about drag on the coil and a slimline weighted one would excel...

That's a good one for sure ! Glad you got it - WTG ! The CZ is definitely a keeper for me.
Good hunting to you ! Gene