Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Grassing Clad...and a few important noticings...

mudpuppy

Big cold North wind, BIG Lake whitecaps...so I hit a football field with the 70...heavy EMI, the worst I've ever seen...I dropped disc into AT thinking maybe I should ground balance?, but no! The 70 went nuts and sounded like a machine gun!...I mashed the 'HZ' thingy until I found a setting that didnt chatter so bad, popped back into a 1 disc, -3 thresh, DE mode...the grass was so deep, my coil was a good 5" off the dirt...I had to up the sens to 65...

THEN I started hitting coins! Right up tight to the chain link even.!...As you can see, not just surface stuff either...

Couple of trophy spills, one N was in the same hole as a pulltab, understandable, they both sound the same, I was amazed at one Q coming out of the same hole with one of those chain link fence wires, 4" deep...so the ability to hear a masked good target was good..got a 1980 Canadian Q...good thing its shiny so it will go unnoticed when I spend it. Couple of tight spills and stacks...

See that tiny little rivet? Tiny tight little foil ping! I thought for sure it was a gold chain clasp, since I made a pass on the main field where the cheerleaders flounce around, so it was the right tone in the right location for that.....since I dont use a pinpointer, I am amazed that I stabbed it through the dirt and deep grass and felt it with the driver...a guys hands get REAL sensitive after this much stabbing..a guy can feel the ridges on the back of a copper penny and know its not a dime...I am crapping you negative! A guy could become a micro surgeon after a few years with a screwdriver!:lmfao:

I found out my headphone volume knobs were turned down pretty low? As much as I'm in and out of the car with the rig, they musta got bumped.. so I lit them back up to max and balanced the tone at the ears, and those Nickels jumped out a lot better in the DP tones....I should just go ahead and super glue those knobs in place I'm thinking...

I got 70 coins for $7.30 with an average coin value of .105...my usual coin avg is around .83...Also running on half dead batteries that just dont seem to want to give up the ghost! I've been carrying a fresh set of half deads from my AtPro along in my pouch for the last week waiting on these ones to finally take a dump, cant hardly believe it, the Pro doesnt like half deads, it loses its ability quickly...The F70 gobbles them right up!

I take them out of the Pro and use them in the 70 for another 15hrs at least...2hr hunting time today...The F70 is one amazing rig to perform like this under these conditions, the thing runs on fumes and consistently performs!..!..
Mud

mudpuppy said:
where the cheerleaders flounce around, so it was the right tone in the right location for that.....since I dont use a pinpointer, I am amazed that I stabbed it through the dirt and deep grass and felt it with the driver...a guys hands get REAL sensitive after this much stabbing..a guy can feel the ridges on the back of a copper penny and know its not a dime...I am crapping you negative! A guy could become a micro surgeon after a few years with a screwdriver!:lmfao:

:rofl: That was a great paragraph...had me laughing at the flouncing of the cheerleaders :rofl: and also some cold hard truth about feeling the pillars of the Memorial building before seeing the penny and a bit of a let down. Wheats are usually much smoother on the reverse and it the coin feels slicker than that - you've got a silver!

Great post! We could really use a stiff cold North wind right about now! :punch:

Mud, there's one thing I've noticed about every hunt you go on and that is that you have 'fun' on everyone. Thanks for the positive attitude and sharing your fun experiences with us on the forum.

70 coins! Not a bad two hours of stabbing. Yeah, we will take some of your north wind down here. We are in some nasty hunting conditions currently. Really need to be in some chest deep water some place. I do think there is a gold chain coming to you. HH jim tn

I read all the time people want to run the thing flat out you know on 11 and for those of us who have tried running at 4 or 5 its a real eye opener :bouncy:

well done Mud.

AJ

That is a great hunt. With all those quarters, I am not going to show the wife, she will want me to get all those quarters like you every time I go out. Sometimes you make it difficult for an old guy to please his wife. My wife compares my finds to your finds and guess who ends up last? Not you! I tell her your a 25 years old and rich with nothing to do but metal detect. Last week and this week so far I had 2 hunts with over 50 coins and 4 hunts with under 40 coins.
Did you try putting a little washer under the knob on you headphones? I think it would be better than glue??
I have never had a site with the F70 I couldn't hunt because of emi. Under power lines, next to deep tunnel project in the street. I am not going to say emi wasn't there but I still detected the area. Excellent hunt....Z

Thanks for the kind comments fellers...

Hey Zeek, if it makes you feel any better, ...

I was up at 4:30 am today and out for a pretty huge water hunt for Gold or Silver...Worked some immensely skanky inland water, covered a lot of miles, both afoot and in the car...... Had to change out of my wetsuit in a plastic porta crapper that had obviously been overly employed by a chronically Crones palsied diarretic with a very bad case of explosive Irritable Bowel Syndrome..It looked like somebody took a 100psi crap spackle gun to the place! :rofl:
Evidently, theres some people who prefer to just drop trow, bend over, bite their lip and let fly, probably old guys with fused hip joints perhaps? I bet this violator of all things good and Holy could have stood out in the parking lot with the crapper door propped open and aimed over his shoulder with a mirror like those Old West trick shooters, I dont even know why he bothered...never seen such a mess, makes a guy wonder if this is what it looks like if a Politician explodes in a confined space? And me hopping around trying to get out of a wetsuit in that tiny cubical without jarring any of the brown stalactites loose from the ceiling!

Some days a feller should just stay in bed, or stay in a park with the 70, have an enjoyable time, and make clad pay!.....For all this mornings effort and sensory tribulation, I found 2 clad dimes and a penny! :thumbup:

I might go down to the local coin shop this afternoon, just to see some silver and gold to make me feel better..:lmfao: I better take a shower first....heck, maybe two!....:rofl:
Mud.

Oh, sure blame me. Ya, I'll have you know that every time I have gone in one of those things it is tilted and it shakes and wobbles so much that I would rather go behind a tree. You can't get me to go into one of those things anymore. From your description of the carnage and the amount of leavings, it surely sounds like a politician. With so much collateral damage its one of those running for president. Only those people can spew so much hot waste. Thanks for thinking of me though. :crazy: Happy Trails.....Z

Mudd that is one voluminous coin dig , you must be the only one digging I have never seen so many coins.