Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep nails

Could be a rust halo or just that target id near limits of detection can get squirrely on any machine.

Do they sound like a penny? I pass on 35-36 penny targets because the parks around here are literally saturated with them and there are few parks that date too far back in time so not too many wheat cents. Now if it's i.d.ing at 35-37 and sounds different than a penny and especially if it's a larger than a cent target, I'll dig it hoping it's something interesting!

Yes it does sound like a penny loud and clear After digging so many almost a foot down I felt like giving up on those numbers. I lowered my sensitivity setting to 15 and things got a little better.

Are you running in Disc?

Try opening up your tones to hear iron, it should make it easier to evaluate if it's a nail or not.

Digging deep, bent or square nails is a good thing, as long as they aren't too big. Sometimes deep silver sounds just like a deep raspy square nail.

I usually check out a target that i think is deep and possibly a iron target that has good high tone with all metal mode and that will tell me that it is iron or a good target.

I'm running coin program with sensitivity at 15 and threshold at 25 with a 10x5 coil tek coil.

Try saving an all metal mode with coin tones beside your regular program. That way you can flip to it and listen in for the amount of iron in the tone.

At the very least it will save you from digging the odd false caused by a big piece of iron 6" to the side of the chirp.