Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep South Texas heat and short hunt........

James/Washington

I haven't posted in a while although I get out for short hunts three or four times a week. Yesterday was a hot, hot day but I had to get out so, I waited until late afternoon and visited a school that I had not been to in almost a year. Another hot Deep South Texas day and a late afternoon hunt. I love these short hunts even it it is hot. I sure do sweat a lot, but I need to! I would love to stay out longer but the heat is just too oppressive for this soft, old man so my hunts in the summer are short and done late in the afternoon. I remember when Pete, Arturo and I used to hunt for 8 to 9 straight hours, without food to hunt these schools and we would always come back with a minimum of 30 to 40 quarters and a lot more clad and jewelry. Those days are over but at least I can still manage to get out and dig up a few coins and satisfy my quest for the hobby. This school is one of the few that remain open. It is fenced, but open and they could lock it up at any time. I have not been to this school in almost a year. At least I know it has been reseeded! I will be back!

e6f1o9.jpg

The heat combined with the high humidity in SC forces me to do my detecting early in the morning. During the summer I only work the beach. I can get in the water to cool off a little. I now carry a 2 liter hydration pack of ice water to help keep me hydrated. Getting old sux but it beats the alternative. You had a good hunt. Glad you can get out even for only a short period of time.

....well at least you got out James....
in the mid-Atlantic, it is quite hot and humid as well so i generally go out a bit after dinner once there is shade
but the air is still in the 80s so having headphones on is a joy for sure...and the bugs?!?!? good night
i have a feeling now what the horses and cows go through in the fields....the damn flies are brutal and biting when you have sweaty skin....and the ground is so hard UGH
most mornings after hunts, i wake up with very sore feet from working the shovel
but we must love it because we keep on heading out on adventures!

and yes Geo-GA....getting old does in fact suck!!!

Nice, productive short hunt. I am here in s w Tn and it is hot and humid here this time of the year. I do my hunting this time of the year from about 6:30a to 10 or so. Good luck! HH jim tn

Glad that you could brave the heat James/Texas! I know what you mean about heat - I'm in west Texas and it has been 100 + in the shade and I don't hunt in the shade. Keep hydrated. Good finds . Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel