Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep target audio. Reactivity 3/Full tones

When you have a deep target using reactivity 3, response 4 and full tones, do you find that the tone jumps out at you slightly? It almost pulses a bit compared to that deep iron chirp? I have had a tone like this a few times in the last couple of weeks, and it's been a deeper non ferrous target. I don't know how to explain it... like a slightly higher tone in the grunt.

Also, one more question. I do well in the trash (iron-infested field) in reactivity 3... how would 4 and 5 benefit me? Is it considered overkill to go that high?

Thanks, gents!

Think of high conductors as the bright stars in the night sky.

I have not found a high conductor (coin/silver) with reactivity 3, that wasn't easily detectable in 2 or 1. In fact the target signal is more often better.
The only difference is you get more falsing on iron in the lower reactivity so you spend more time checking signals.
However I find that the falsing sometimes alerts me to a good target amongst iron that may otherwise have been undetected in reactivity 3 because of its depth.
I have tested reactivity 3 on iffy targets found with the lower reactivity settings and often found it to give a questionable response.

Now that changes for lower conductors like nickles and gold near trash (which are the dim stars in the night sky)
Their signal will be overwhelmed by the nearby trash and must be isolated better.

You can sometimes go back to a site in higher reactivity settings and find more goodies, although reactivity 3 is pretty durn thorough at least for me!

I remember a hunt at one of the more productive rental houses where I started in r3 and cleared out most of the yard except where the stoop and sidewalk were. Closer I got to the front door of that house, not surprisingly the more coins were present, to the point where I couldn't pinpoint certain signals. Switched to r4 and signals were more clipped, but once you zeroed in hooked the target, it was child's play!!! Remembered taking the coil and lower shaft off the rest of the setup and picking out targets while kneeling and in r4 I could still get a Wheat at 6" if I remember correctly

Not much depth is lost between r3 and r4, but between r2 and r3 the difference is very noticeable, no matter what frequency you choose!

3 is the number for high iron and ground that has a good amount in the dirt. 2 would be for cleaner ground because you don't have so many targets. I don't think I would use 1 but if I was in a clean area I would start at 2 and then when I hit iron go back up to 3..I think when you go lower in clean ground you get more depth...