Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep targets! :detecting:

BerntOut

Yesterday, First target a peep more like a blip no vdi or shoe indications. I had my buddy listen to it he called it as iron and he would not dig it. A deep wheatie at least 10" in the roots! Roots are the only place left in this old park to get coins I think!! LOL!

Yesterday again acquired a peep of a signal, no VDI and barley hit on the right of the "shoe". Got a buck ball or pistol bullet with a gold plated copper ring in same hole...only ring was a bit deeper......both came from under a root! Probabaly 12"?? I'll try and post a picture of the finds and the Pro Pointer in the hole! I was amazed.
85 Sensitivity, TX 3, Reactivity 3, Silencer -1, 5.2 disc, 18 KHZ..... IMHO, FULL TONES and Manual ground balance 3-5 points higher than readout after pumping coil for DEEP targets guys and gals!

The more I use it the more I am loving my Deus.

I'm not doubting your ability whatsoever, but the bullet and ring must have been sizeable to hit it at that depth using reactivity 3...you've got more skill than me for sure! Great job!

Yeah buddy dig it, I love some of the iffy targets they are for the most part deep or have iron around it even flakes of iron we don't see the but deus sees...

I may be an exception, and I am hunting a pretty stock "Fast" program. My mixed iron signals are generally iron signals. I would love to have a great story of pulling a great find from a non vdi, raspy audio. For me it really hasn't happened. I have had mixed audio that I move the surface or take out one scoop and the signal improves to a definite coin signal. I love my Deus but I haven't had many of the nail in the hole success stories that some of you have. I do have plenty of non-VDI success stories but usually the audio is nice on the ones I get. I am headed to Deus Boot Camp soon and it may change the way I hunt or set up the machine.I have a lot of time on the Deus and pretty much find scratchy audio signals are trash.

Don
HH

cometguy said:
I may be an exception, and I am hunting a pretty stock "Fast" program. My mixed iron signals are generally iron signals. I would love to have a great story of pulling a great find from a non vdi, raspy audio. For me it really hasn't happened. I have had mixed audio that I move the surface or take out one scoop and the signal improves to a definite coin signal. I love my Deus but I haven't had many of the nail in the hole success stories that some of you have. I do have plenty of non-VDI success stories but usually the audio is nice on the ones I get. I am headed to Deus Boot Camp soon and it may change the way I hunt or set up the machine.I have a lot of time on the Deus and pretty much find scratchy audio signals are trash.

Don
HH[/quote

Don I have to agree this is a different machine and every time I think I have a handle on it, I get knocked down and seem to go back to square one. I keep on trying but I have had days I just want to give up. I will keep on with it but it can be truly frustrating.

That's an encouraging score in 18khz in your dry alkaline soil!!
Was it in the desert or an agricultural area?

I have a lot of time on the Deus now and have hunted in highly mineralized soils to "soft" soil in several States. I have a high level of confidence in this machine, more than I have ever had with any other.

The deep pistol ball, ring and wheatie came from a hard hit older park in Central California that a couple of expert detectorists and I hit regularly because it is a very challenging place to hunt. Every keeper is well earned and we enjoy the challenge of this hard hit park. Soil is not to bad and good targets are mostly deeper than 6". I run in 18khz most of the time and switch to 4 khz sometimes to check the target. I also do a lot of of fine tuning while hunting sites. I have dug a lot of deep iron and I dug a lot of iron the day I got these targets......fooled by iron! DOH!:rage: That is a norm for me but I feel if I am not digging deep iron, I may be missing the good targets! I like my Deus a lot and you'll have to pry it from my dead cold fingers to get it away from me!

As a side note, my buddy Paul loaned me his 9" coil and I will be using it over the next several hunts. Hope to eek out a few deep targets among the trash!