Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Tech Vistas

Diggertim

Been watching a number of videos on the Deep Tech machines. Most of them deal with finding relics. Are these machines good for all around hunting? Coins, jewelry, etc.?

thank you,
Diggertim

Well, They only discriminate up to foil, so, you would be digging anything above foil, pultabs, can slaw etc. I have the Vista Gold and I would not even think of going to a park setting and hunting. I only hunt out in the country, homesites & fields.......Mark

I got my Relic today...This machine is the balls.....so far. Took it to an area I have scoured with my T2 SE, Minelab Se Pro, and AT Pro. Found a very corroded IH Penny and flat button at close to 10"- 11" with no boost. I say close because I had no depth id, but my pin pointer found the targets at the bottom of the hole, so no chance of slipping back down into the hole while I was digging. It's only estimated, but definitely at the 10"range. They were good signals too, not real iffy. Soil was moderate mineralization.

This was a very short hunt, so my review is only of this quick hunt. Very easy to set up and go. Light as hell. I will say that if you are going to use this in a place of heavy trash....you'll get a work out. The Relic model is one tone. I hunt low trash areas, so I don't have to worry as much. This is a very different machine for me to use as I am used to a screen and numbers.

BTW... I chose the Relic due to it's lower frequency for silver/copper coins and buttons, 8.6Khz. I am primarily a coinshooter and button head. My T2 SE is AWESOME on relics, but kinda' lacks slightly in the coins/button zone for the areas I hunt. Just my opinion....

Hey cousin Eddy i'm glad your liking your RELIC its a deep machine and really like the tone sound on these, easy on the ears

Hello Tim

I picked up the Gold model, arrived last Friday so haven't had a chance to use it for relic hunting. Do have a couple of days off coming up soon and if all goes well will hit some old dirt, hopefully hit a couple of sites give the gold a chance go find stuff we missed before.

Haven't ruled gold jewerly or coin hunting out been hitting parks and such before going to work. Have a feeling its going to be great for gold jewerly, haven't found gold jewerly yet but the tiniest finds its getting is amazing. I feel a thin gold chain will eventually surface, Have the patience so its just a matter of time.

For the most part the Gold would be for serious relic hunting and from what I'm seeing should be an excellent gold nugget detector especially due to getting more depth on the tinest finds. Here's something I am noticing with the Vista Gold on some signals close to the iron breaking point, now these are pieces of foil and if iron disc is too high they will read as iron or a combination of both Ferrous and non-ferrous. In this case a user needs to reduce the iron level because micro jewerly can be disc out, I set my iron disc at 9-o'clock which is the first marked setting. Sometimes even run it with iron off my Gold still discriminates smaller iron in the off position, and this may be my future regular setting for gold jewerly hunting running with iron off full counter clockwise to get thin chains and such.

From air testing, compared the gold with the T-2, MXT with the 6"X10" DD elipcial and AT-Gold with 8.5"X11" DD. The Deep Tech Gold was hitting stronger and deeper on a gold nugget, Even high conductive coins were deeper, should have been the opposite due to the 25khz but its hitting them stronger.

Anyway, have allot to learn but everytime I use the Gold brings me one step closer to mastering it.

Take care,
Paul (Ca)

How did they manage to get it to hit hard on the high conductors is a mistery, but you can see it ,

Thank you all for the great comments. I'm going to be buying a new machine very soon and these kind of comments help to make it a little easier to choose one.

Thanks,
Diggertim