Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Thoughts..

S

stoneshirt

Hello,everyone.
I'm fascinated with the Idea of using a Reed Switch Inside,Epoxied to the inside of the Tube.If a Guy could find a small Magnet,perhaps Doughnut shaped ,or whatever,to Attache to the little Pin(Stop) that moves with the AM/PP shaft.Turning the Knob would swing the Magnet over the Reed Switch,eliminating that delicate PP/AM Pot....Not quit as convenient as the standard Mod,but,No additional Wiring needed....?

Also,how about sealed Water Headphones,filled with Mineral Oil, It's non-conductive and would eliminate any Corrosion.How would the Piezos do in a Liquid environment?...stoneshirt.

Much easier like this.......the pin point switch ...Mel Parkers Idea for the Excalibur over ten years ago, BB Sailors Idea for the Sovereign 14 years ago...... Notice the handle and the yellow push button...

I've tried many ways to protect the Piezo's, I can not share what I use........Mineral oil would be interesting but still restrictive. When it comes to Piezo's it's about restrictions...the less the better. The oil would be more like a dampener to the audio. I'm testing testing a set of headphones now that I plan on using with a new detector coming out soon. The piezo's are totally unrestricted, physically and audio wise. So far after a month of use in the water all is perfect.