Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deeper Targets

Metal Magnet

Went back to a park that I have absolutely pounded with the AT Pro. I am in awe of the Deus. I read more and decided to go with a deep setup. First target was a deep, 1938 wheat. That got me stoked. So, I decided to hit an outfield that I just couldn't get targets with the ATP. I had a few, but not as much as I thought should be there, based on other areas of the park. Figured fill dirt had been brought in at some point, or soil composition allows great sinking.

In any case, I got 4 more wheats there, 2 winchester repeater headstamps, and what I think is my first lead seal. The wheats range from 1910-1930 in this part of the park. I have had a hard time getting past the 1940s previously. The headstamps are pre 1927 and I had my entire Lesche in the hole by the end. I almost gave up on the first one - thought there is no way it's this deep.

I think I see a 7 on the lead seal, but I could be wrong. The pic is rotated counter clockwise 90 degrees. It's pretty easy to see

I'll be going back soon.

Looks like a baggage seal to me. Nice find

I am working on the deeper sounds now and how to pinpoint them .... I can hear the chirp and see just a sliver on the horse shoe but when ever i dig them I get nothing

If its repeatable from two directions with a sliver in the horseshoe then something has to be there. If you can't get it to talk to you from two directions just keep walking.

I know that when I dig the deeper ones that once I open the hole I often don't get any more sound from the deus as I scan over the hole. I just have to keep digging and use the pinpointer. Especially on smaller targets like dimes. Is that what you mean dw0378.?

I think I should say that what I said above is meant to be for very deep just barely there targets. I often dig one way signals that are stronger. It's just the very deep hard to pinpoint that I insist on two directions.

like CT Todd said, check both ways. also, if you are running in higher frequency, you may have a very small object on your hand. I had a few very faint signals running at 18 and they were closer to surface, but crazy small objects.