Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deeper???

mickfin

Wich is Deeper
GT vs Eleat
Thanks you all.
Mickfin

I have tried them all and the XS was the easiest to use, and did good for depth if you learned the language of it. Like all of the Sovereign line of detector you must learn the tones and go slow in area you want to go deeper than normal. I find if you want the depth in worked out parks and such I had to go even slower and listen close to all the different signal you get so the detector has the ability to report back on what it see and with the deeper targets it take longer for it to report back to the operator, so if you want fast a trash item may null out a good signal that is deeper or beside the null.
Now with the GT as I had been using a Elite and not doing as good as I had been before, but when I got the GT my finds went up and found it to false on iron more. This made me feel the GT was more sensitive than the Elite and found out doing test myself the GT was more sensitive for me and my type of hunting. I did have to learn a little more on the iron falsing but was only a mater of checking my signals from several different angles to see if they would repeat.
The GT was the latest model Sovereign to come out before the Sovereign line was discontinued and had the most features of any of the Sovereigns like you could turn off the iron mask or go to a silent search if you needed to be, but for me if you want depth and get targets close iron trash is not to be used from the way I use my Sovereigns, you may be different.
I feel most that know their GT and have used other Sovereign and know they well will also agree the GT was the best and hard to find used.

Good Luck with your choice
Rick

Rick ND
Thanks 4R your reply
Mickfin

I used a couple of GTs and Elites and would give the GT a nod far as depth. But with a better coil and experience user could sway performance the other way. I currently use an Elite and have for the past 8 years, its a great detector. HH Ron

The sad thing about the Sovereigns too many new users give up too soon before they learn this detector. I've read comments from Rick if one detector was going to be used on a well manicured lawn the Sovereign would be his first choice, same for me also. Right now in dead of winter is my time to plan for this spring season. This year I'm going for the gold. slow down my pace and recheck more of those null-ed out targets. Yes there are new detectors on the market that are opening old hunted out areas and the Sovereign is still a good tool to bring along. Happy Hunting and good luck.