Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deepest (not PI) detector for high mineralized soil?

BetaGod

Hello guys, from your experience, what is a deep (not pulse induction) metal detector for high mineralized soil for coin/relic hunting?

I use a Nexus MP and Nexus Standard SE both with large coils on and i doubt that you will find another VLF competitor machine will touch them for pure depth,of course it all depends on what the target size is,but for pure depth these are my machines of choice.

For mineralized soil depth AND numerical target ID and tone accuracy, the Equinox with the stock 11” or 15” coil is hard to beat. The XP Deus and XP Orx in coin deep or one of the gold modes with the new X35 11” or 13” coil are really good for audio response on deep targets in mineralized soil.

Jeff

Mega said:
I use a Nexus MP and Nexus Standard SE both with large coils on and i doubt that you will find another VLF competitor machine will touch them for pure depth,of course it all depends on what the target size is,but for pure depth these are my machines of choice.
You use them in high mineralized soil? what about discrimination and recovery speed?

BetaGod said:
Mega said:
You use them in high mineralized soil? what about discrimination and recovery speed?

The Nexus MP was is a master in high mineral content ground condition,discrimination is also very good,recovery speed is 'ok' but because i only use these machines for ultimate depth and not say a everyday machine like my Nox or Deus,but when i use the 22khz Concentric coil on the MP then that is as fast as the Deus in between trash,but for my requirements then its exceptionally deep but does take some time to master,some of the large coils on offer are up into the 20'',30'' and i think the biggest one they do is 41'' or about that size,but then we are talking about some serious money and also for serious specific detecting.But i also use a TDI Pro with coils upto 20'' on high mineral content permission but the big coils are mainly for large targets and not specific coin size object,of course both option can be used for coin hunting as well by using smaller coils.

Mega said:
BetaGod said:
Mega said:

The Nexus MP was is a master in high mineral content ground condition,discrimination is also very good,recovery speed is 'ok' but because i only use these machines for ultimate depth and not say a everyday machine like my Nox or Deus,but when i use the 22khz Concentric coil on the MP then that is as fast as the Deus in between trash,but for my requirements then its exceptionally deep but does take some time to master,some of the large coils on offer are up into the 20'',30'' and i think the biggest one they do is 41'' or about that size,but then we are talking about some serious money and also for serious specific detecting.But i also use a TDI Pro with coils upto 20'' on high mineral content permission but the big coils are mainly for large targets and not specific coin size object,of course both option can be used for coin hunting as well by using smaller coils.
With the 10dd stock coil is deeper too compared like the equinox with the 11dd stock? And what about EMI? With my nox i can search easy under powerlines! Is possibile too with this nexus?

I also see there is a V1 and V2 version of the nexus mp! Do you know the difference?