Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deepest or hardest target you ever found and are glad you dug up thread.

burlbark

I keep seeing posts from other detectors stating how deep they have found treasure..... I know that the v3i crowd is finding nice items at depth and I think we should start posting these finds even if some of them are not exceptional. Just yesterday I dug up 3 targets in the 12" range that where surrounded by trash and mixed with nails. I was using the super 12 and digging signals that showed over 6" in depth and where 2.5 strong. 2 brass locks and a baseball trophy medallion. Nothing fancy to look at except for the 1904 date on one. This same park has had every detector known to man on it but the super 12 saw them.....

Am I the only one finding deep targets amongst the trash?...... Come on guys, lets show the world what the v3i can do.:clapping:

Most of my hunting is done in parks and though my Super 12 sees 10

The deepest targets i found with my Spectra V3i are about 34 cm (14 inch). Mostly found in Apple Orchards and Corn Fields in the middel part of the Netherlands (Betuwe). I'm interesting in Medieval and Roman Coins and Roman Fibula's.

A picture is worth 100 words. Not my best or deepest, but it is a good example of the capabilities of this fine metal detector!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX-rjMLnXHY

Neil in West Jersey said:
A picture is worth 100 words. Not my best or deepest, but it is a good example of the capabilities of this fine metal detector!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX-rjMLnXHY

Neil, that is a classic.... Mixed mode surely is one of the deepest, deeper than deep silver though?

burlbark said:
Neil in West Jersey said:

Neil, that is a classic.... Mixed mode surely is one of the deepest, deeper than deep silver though?

I am not using the Mixed Mode program, I use a modified Relic program. I believe that Mixed Mode ON is the default setting on Deep Silver.

I would not say it was the deepest or hardest target I have ever dug up but I certainly was glad I did dig it up. I was detecting on the edge of a sandy beach area at a bigger lake here in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I scanned what looked like yet another well defined pop top that was 6 3/4 inches down. I almost didn't dig it up as I already had a collection of at least a hundred for the day but I decided to dig it anyway. Boy was I pleasantly surprised to find a .24 ounce 14k gold wedding ring dating back to 1972. The owners still haven't claimed it, but that just goes to show- if its a clearly defined signal on all 3 frequencies that it is a very good idea to dig it up!

VX3, Garrett ProPointer, been metal detecting again for about 2 months...

-Dakota Scott

Yippee! I finally found silver this evening. I found a 1906D Barber dime, and found my first pre 1900 coin in a 1893 Indian Head penny! I have not even had my VX3 for a month and it just keeps getting better and better!

-Dakota Scott

No the deepest but was iffy because of trash sure glad I dug it 1834 half dime first bust I found an 1848 seated half dime also the only 2 half dimes

I found a 1857 seated dime at about 9 inches in a churchyard that's been hit hard with a etrac and a ctx I know cause it was me that detected in that area for at least 100 hrs.
My v3i machine is awsume at pinpointing and target ID.I dig every target that 2.5 and 7.5 freq dominant and I dig very little trash that way.

Dug a 22k small 5.2 gram medallion tonight (my first 22k ever) in an incredible hole at the beach low tide. I pulled silver and some gold about 20 fake bracelets. (excluded from pictures) Also a slew of old quarters and nickles. The melt on the 22k is $242 at today's spot. Almost 10 inches down got a mixed bouncy signal mostly 15khz took one scoop off the top and she was clear. If the waves weren't so violent I would have gotten more gold. The V3I and myself were getting battered so I had to retreat. The beach was barren except for this one 30x 30 area. Not even a dedicated water machine could have gotten out there. I could barely stand up. I wish I could go back at tonight's low tide but this is an urban beach and I would be risking my life. No gold is worth it. Every day I grow to love this incredible tool more and more.

Last year I dug a Scovill Mfg.,1870's vintage, Indiana Militia tunic button(size of a nickel) at about 10 inches. I have retrieved some Merc's and Wheats at about 10 inches fairly consistent when the soil moisture is decent. Right now here in Indiana moisture is low and my desire to "hack" the concrete tuff ground is even lower. Perhaps Magic will chime in on some of his deep finds. A couple of years ago I was hunting with a DFX, retrieved some silver coins at 6-8 inch range and missed a nice FFA silver ring. Magic and I were at that location the following weekend and he found it within a foot of where I dug a Barber dime. I am sure the depth was at least 10-11 inches and his V3i easily picked it up where my DFX(former main detector) could not even get a chirp when he called me over to check the target.

As soon as the funds were available and momma OK'd it, I bought a V3i and set it up with Magic's pro program. The DFX I kept for a back-up and since have sold it.