Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deepstar Questions

beau61

Recently picked up a Deepstar that was converted to take a 12v battery.The box looks like it housed a battery pack inside,was that a 14v or 12 v system?
On the box ,on each end looks like coil connections ,so one for a coil, and the other side ,what would it be for?If it is a 14v system,would it work properly
useing the 12v setup?
Thanks for any info.

I am sure Eric will chime in soon.......won't be too long.

Great detector by the way !

Tony

Yes, I saw your PM. Great that you have three machines - Deepstar, PPD 1, and a Goldscan.

Any chance of a picture? I do not recall making one with connectors at both ends although I believe one or two customers may have requested that to add a probe.
12V is a bit marginal as there is a 12V regulator which needs 14V to work properly.

What model Goldscan do you have?

Eric.

still trying to figure out loading pictures here.I have a lithium ion battery at14.8 volts,3400mAh.
Charged at 15v now, is it ok to use or is it too much for the Deepstar?
Have the Goldscan 4, with the 8 "C" cell battery

Hi,

the operate has DeepStar 16/17 volts without problem
gain depth
My 5c goldcsan, modify, operates 18 volts

a deported battery is ideal, weight is better distributed all
My Lipo pack, 22 volts 5000 mAh and voltage regulator