Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deepstar

george

There is a Pulsepower Deepstar on ebay UK
In good condition it is the old model with the large metal control box
The price is

Could not find it listed doing multiple searches on the UK ebay.

I think one sold for around $1500US last April on one of the forums.

You sure you meant 1500 pounds (equals $2500US) and not $$.

Should have hung on to yours, would have been a great investment,

Here is the link to the Deepstar on Ebay UK.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PI-PULSE-INDUCTION-BEACH-METAL-DETECTOR-ERIC-FOSTER-DEEPSTAR-/271121035776?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3f2012b200

Reg

Eric Foster said:
Perhaps I better make a few more.:beers:

Eric.

yes, you absolutely should!!!!!!!!!! especially the aquastar II !:clapping:
chuck.

Yes, I am also a buyer aquastar, new generation
and customers would not fail :blowup:

Make a few new happy owners...............who would love to own and pay for the Rolls-Royce of PI's.
Extra spending money for you to boot.
Happy New Year

Eric Foster said:
Perhaps I better make a few more.:beers:

Eric.

Eric, are you teasing us????......:drool:

You only have to run a poll to get a show of hands.......Deepstar 4........:beers:

Sign me up !

Tony.

An official thread "bump"......:poke:

Eric.....can you please put some of us out of our misery regarding the likelihood of resurrecting the Deepstar.......:unsure:

I don't want to turn to the dark side.....;)

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I will give it some serious thought, but I am very busy on a couple of other detector related projects at present. Another possibility is to supply tested circuit boards, 11in coil windings and shells, and let people build their own. Depends how many are interested and able to do it.

Eric.

Sounds really interresting!

I would be interested in purchasing another Eric
The only problems would be my back and finding a spade with a very very long handle

Eric Foster said:
Hi Tony,

I will give it some serious thought, but I am very busy on a couple of other detector related projects at present. Another possibility is to supply tested circuit boards, 11in coil windings and shells, and let people build their own. Depends how many are interested and able to do it.

Eric.

Thanks for the reply Eric. Please keep us updated on any decisions that you might take.

Us "hobbyists" need to unite and reclaim you back from the evil clutches of the "commercial/industrial" metal detector world....:biggrin::biggrin:

As WC once said; "We will fight them on the beaches"....:smoke:

Tony.

but wouldnt one need an o-scope and or other calibration equipment? and what about esd protection?
chuck.

Eric,
Please put me down for at least 1, whether it is a finished Deepstar 4, or a kit which i can finish myself. I own 6 of your detectors and the Deepstar Circuit is by far my favorite. I think there are many detectorists who regret having missed the chance to buy one when they were originally available.

Brad

G'day Eric,

It seems to me that an Eric Foster Internet shop selling "tested (assembled) circuit boards" would be a nice little earner for you without taking up too much of your time. If you set up something simple, like Silverdogs shop, it would work magnificently well ... for both the seller (you) and the buyers. Worldwide sales would be practical from the one "shop". A major problem I've experienced when buying a detector from somewhere like England (half way around the world from me) is that if it needs to be repaired the whole detector has to be sent back with all the freight costs that involves (and time). But it is much, much easier to send a light weight circuit board anywhere in the world by airmail! And, if the circuit boards can be sold quite cheaply, then if there are any problems it would probably be preferable to most customers that they just purchase a new board rather than have any time consuming repairs carried out. Anyway, if the boards were made to the quality standards of your previous detectors I can't see there would be any returned.

My Goldquest SSs need replacing after more than 6 years use here in New Zealand ( http://tinyurl.com/bbhef4b ) and, at present, I am at a loss to know what brand of MD would be a suitable (and worthy) replacement. I bought a Surf longboard from Silverdog and will see how that goes once I get time to assemble the board and put it in a waterproof container (which won't be until next winter). My GQSS once spent about 3 or 4 days fully submerged in flood waters and I was able to dry it out to get it working again. Apart from the bullet proof construction of the GQSS MDs, another big plus in favour of my GQSS V2 was that I could use Coiltek coils with it.

Regards,
Rob (RKC)

Hi Eric. Having been a pi detectorist for over 20 years and used several different pi machines I can honestly say the biggest mistake I have made was getting rid of my deepstar. I have been looking for a replacement for some time as the best finds were made with it. Your deepstar kit sounds fantastic. Please find the time to bring it to fruition. I would most definetly buy one or two

Hi Eric, I'd be interested in Deepstar plate. Greetings.:drool:

Forgive my bad English