Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeepTech Gold - Small Coil Test

Carter NY

I was impressed on how it heard a 1 grain nugget and other micro gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIyLZzYzZP8

Looks good on extremely tiny gold.

I'd like to see some tests on target separation in a heavy iron situation. I think that will be the main reason most people will want one. Test the 5" elliptical against the 11" elliptical on the Vista Gold. Use targets of various sizes like buttons, coppers, Half Dimes, a small gold coin or Barry's Tree Coin.

It does really good I have one for my RELIC if anyone has thought of the RELIC to hunt with the small coil is a must have have been working this one site the last few days with the 5" round and bigger elliptical tonight i'm being rewarded every trip tonight I got a 1813 half cent underneath a callasping rock wall near the foundation 2 days ago I got a old ring, and bullets galore, all coils getting good depth once I get the small elliptical will hunt it again and hopefully more goodies will show themselves!

For the manufacturer to claim that the newer coil exceeds the performance of the older coil, tests would have to have been made. Too bad no one is showing the specifics. Typically a round DD coil is deeper than a elliptical DD coil of similar size. The elliptical generally would prevail in finding very small items....a standard coil on many gold machines.

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
The 5" round coil is no longer being sold. We never compared but the manufacturer claims the new small elliptical exceeds the performance of that 5".
Thanks.

TellYaWhut said:
The Vista's had a round sniper coil (5"??). How does the sniper coil compare with the small elliptical coil??? Thanks

LOL...I already have the round sniper coil. Just because Vista doesn't produce the 5" coil anymore doesn't mean that it's better or worse than the new $169 coil. I was just asking for a comparision to see if the new coil was worth investing in.