Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deeptech Vista Gold revisits site pounded for 35 years

`April 4th Relic Hunt-
Lee and I hunted a plantation near Vicksburg. The grass was high so we had to weed eat first. Sometimes ya got to sweat before you hunt. Lee found a Union Eagle cuff button, 69 Three Ringer drop, Lead hook, two dropped 58 three ringers, fired three ringer, and misc. I dug two lead poker chips, knife, fork, some bullets, nice James Fuse, and misc. Well worth the time on the weed eaters.

Lee was using an F19. I was using my Vista Gold. Solid iron everywhere, never stopped popping like a machine gun. Both machines did great.

PS- pic of Lucky Horseshoe......found it before the James Fuse.

Nice digs with the Vista Gold don't hear too much about the Gold. I have one and just waiting for fields to thaw and do some hunting before corn fields are planted.

Pic of Poker Chip and Railroad bullet. The railroad bullet was bent over so I slowly unbent it. Soldiers would set bullets on the tracks for fun and watch the train flatten them out. Pic of James Fuse after a bath. Fuse was in a wad of iron. Luv the VGold.

Those are some awesome finds. That is my dream, to have the opportunity to detect at a Civil War site. I noticed the Air Force cap. Air Force vet? AF vet myself. 1982-1988.

last 15 years. This site is thick in nails due to an early 1800's house was there before a civil war era house. The Vista Gold went thru the iron like a Relic Surgeon. Made this old site seem new again. Great machine Rosi. Glad we have a Dealer and Service Center in the US now.

wow you made some incredible finds!

I will second that the Vista machines personally are the best I have used .

Frank in NH said:
Better then Svens? :laugh:

I would hope they are all created equal.........................:super:

Well you know I have the Gold and Mirage and both are going to get plenty of use. Gold on land and Mirage in water. Both are impressive machines. I am sure Sven knew you were kidding Frank.

Frank in NH said:
I was kidding and referring to the Mirage Pi he bought from you!

:stars: :rofl:

They both have their place. I like them both.