Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeeptechVista Relic Discrimination

SAGITTARIUS

I wanted to see what my Relic would disc out at full right on the disc setting. In the image below only the things on the right were discriminated out. It surprised me by knocking out nickles and some pull tabs. I tried this setting in the park hoping for deep coins by digging only weak signals. I had no luck. Seems like there were too many small pieces of metal that fooled me. Also tried this setting with a Smart and had no luck. One good result with the Smart was, I got a week signal and dug a rusty nail at four inches. Swept over the nail (the same one as in the image) and no signal. Swept over the hole hole again and still a good signal. At nine inches was a flattened screwcap. Could have just as easily been a barber quarter. I traded the Smart and I think woodchiphustler has it now. I bet he will find some good stuff with it. Besides being good in iron these detectors are deep. I will keep this detector for pastures and fields. I already really enjoyed finding some older bullets with it.

I like what you said (Could have just as easily been a barber quarter.) thats the way I look at it every time i find non Iron, LISTIN you are going to make some nice finds digging that way . ya you will find some junk but it only takes one good find, and you will forget all the junk .