Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deer Camp Finds

frankj3

My neighbor, AP, invited me to detect on his deer lease. There is an old house that was torn down years ago so we worked it for about 3 hours today.
We found a LOT of beer cans and a few soda cans......ratio of about 10 to 1; beer to soda! At a deer camp! Go figure! :rofl:

Any way, I worked the old drive way and found five pennies......oldest was 1958.....so nothing "valuable" was found. :thumbdown:
My second most favorite find was a complete, intact, brass drawer pull and its matching pull - missing its center. :geek:
My favorite is the brass money clip from DOW Chemical. Unfortunately no money was in the clip! LOL :wiggle:

AP found mostly junk and tools but was smiling all the time. This was the first time he's had his detector out in years. Think I have recruited a partner!!

As we were leaving, another member of the deer lease was coming in. We told him what we were doing and he told us of an abandoned old homestead on the deer lease. Said his kids did some detecting there but they really didn't know what they were doing and so they didn't find much. AP and I will hunt that sight next time. :cheers:

That's AP looking at a find in the picture on the left.
Top middle are my finds: trash on the left, an old electrical insulator, some sort of cover with a hasp on it, small battery clamp, 4 different caliber bullet casings - all center fire, the money clip, a flashlight cap for extra bulbs, my drawer pulls and my five pennies.
Middle Bottom is the old house knocked down and the driveway where I found all my pennies.
Top right are AP's finds: An old window crank, a wrench for trailer leveling jacks, piece of copper tubing, a spark plug and junk steel.

I saw a report on TV today saying WD40 was great for cleaning a lot of things. Never thought of it.....duh! Anyway, I used WD40 at the camp to clean off the coins to read the dates. I also used it to clean off the money clip. IT WORKED GREAT!! :clapping:

And now, to top it all off, we're gonna go back tonight and shoot us some hogs! Oink! Oink!

Metalfun,

I was TRYING to discriminate the aluminum tabs and cans but there were too many. So I kept a few pieces of junk for the picture but chunked the rest on the old house pile.

AP's unit is really old and he was having a hard time remembering how to use it. So he switched it to All Metal and just dug it all.

Can't wait for the rain and cold weather to get out of here.....we both want to go back and finish the site before moving to the other one.

Thanks and HH to you too!!