Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLeon again

BarberBill

As there has been a fair bit of posting concerning the DeLeon, I thought I'd add a recent experience with mine in case it may be helpful to others. Detected a tot lot and found some clad, but nothing special. Then while visiting my son we took the D out and checked out his yard which was really trasy with roofing nails and who knows what. Anyway, disc set above foil, 9X8 coil 7 sens. and moving slow and patiently, I got several repeatable hits that took an extra bit of effort to sort out and pinpoint, but did read a solid 95, with a full bar. Knowing that should most likely be a dime, quarter, half or dollar, in both instances it turned out to be older, but still clad dimes. The thing I'm really trying to point out in this thread is there was enough trash that it did take some extra patience and effort as it was easy to lose the solid 95 as other indications bounced in and out, but solidly returned when the coil eased over the target. I'll go over that ground again in the future with a small coil and see what turns up.
BB

Great pointer.............slow and easy.:thumbup:

tabman

Good info.
The Deleon is surprisingly accurate. It has become my absolute favorite among all the machines I own or have owned in the past .

Nice post BB..

Your observations on the DeLeon also apply to all Tesoros, they are a slow sweep, fast response and quick recovery 2 filter machine. My wife bought one a couple of years ago after borrowing one off and on since 2004 from a friend that has one. Years ago I compared our Toltec ll to the DeLeon and found that other than a digital meter that DeLeon was just as good as the 'ol Toltec. It seems the DeLeon has more 'built in' gain and should be run at lower sensitivity in the trash as it overloads on shallow targets with frequent LIFTCOIL and arrows pointing upward flashing on the screen. Other than that, the DeLeon is a dandy.

Mine separates surprisingly well. Even with the 8x9 coil. It does even better with the 5.75 concentric in the trash. I will add one more pointer with the Deleon that would probably apply to other Tesoro's as well. When hunting were there is a lot of signals, It is easy for me to get in the mode of just swinging the coil and listening to the hard hitters and ignoring ever thing else and just dismissing it as trash. However, Those faint but sweet sounds are from a little deeper strata of ground depth and a lot of the time are good targets. i.e. coins.