Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLeon and Cleansweep

kittlitz

Wondering if folks have tried the 3x18" cleansweep coil with a DeLeon and, if so, what were the results? I'm considering using that combo at an upcoming freshwater beach hunt, because the DeLeon gets a bit more depth than my other 5-pin coil machines (Mojave and Golden Umax). But... I know the DeLeon is designed to be run with the coil above the ground so that the processor can make sense of the signal, which might defeat the purpose of using it with the cleansweep.

If anyone has experience with this combo, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

-Ken

Works well but not a depth demon! Covers a lot of ground, use mine playing fields like baseball and soccer fresh drops.

Thanks, Frank! Good to know the two play well together. I realize the cleansweep isn't a very deep coil, but I like the way it covers ground.

-Ken

In case anyone was wondering, the cleansweep worked just fine with the DeLeon, and was more sensitive than I expected it to be. Our club had permission to hunt an artificial lake that gets drained every fall, and I managed to find a gold 8 silver ring, a very thin ring that may be silver, some costume jewelry and about 20 coins. We handed in all non-costume rings, but will get them back next year if the owners don't claim them.

The cleansweep had no problem hitting on the thin ring and other small items like zippers. It was really fun to use on the beach, though it does tend to accumulate sand on top of it :)

-Ken

Sounds like a fun hunt and anytime you can find some real jewelry is a good day in my book :detecting: