Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deleon can hunt

bibelot

Here is three nights worth of hunting after work with the Deleon. First ring found with it as well.I forgot to put the key and horse shoe that I found as well . Maybe I'll get to them later. The Deleon is a coin hunter extraordinaire.

Nice collection of finds.....

The Deleon is a Great detector if you have medium to mild soil...with hot ground.... an operator needs a model with manual ground balance control or automated ground tracking. We have mild soil and the Deleon works great.

Nice work..the DeLeon loves silver (as well as coins)...the messages on that ring are spot on for a detectorist. HH

Furious T said:
Nice work..the DeLeon loves silver (as well as coins)...the messages on that ring are spot on for a detectorist. HH
Its a blast to find rings, this is the first ring I've found with a 925 stamped inside.

The gold rings and things will come if you keep doing what you do, keep doing:thumbup: the good work

slingshot said:
For a sec, I thought you were hunting cans!:rofl:
I am sort of. I'm looking for that can of silver coins because they didn't trust the bank to hold onto their money. Needless to say, I haven't found it yet.:jump:

bibelot said:
slingshot said:
I am sort of. I'm looking for that can of silver coins because they didn't trust the bank to hold onto their money. Needless to say, I haven't found it yet.:jump:
I have found a small tin with coins-one time. The heart really races when you find one with coins.

slingshot said:
bibelot said:
slingshot said:
I have found a small tin with coins-one time. The heart really races when you find one with coins.

I bet it does.

Here is some junk I also dug. Remember when Pepsi caffeine free soda was called pepsi free ? Maybe a VW front trunk handle ?I'm not sure. A lucky horse shoe ? A beat up Buffalo nickel and a couple of keys.One key complete with a bread twist tie so you are less likely to lose it.....

I Didn't post the handle. I also found an odd ball coin. I've been cleaning it up. It didn't really turn the iron red like the other coins yet but a greenish tarnish but it isn't silver. It metered in the low 40's,I thought I had another nickel. I am confused as the place is an old carnival grounds of a nearby Hamlet that I've been picking coins out of. The carnival was long gone before '92.....

Haha looks like a great hunt with the Deleon.
It's really something when used for coins.
If all I want is coins, that's all I get.
Digging other stuff to find gold is where the trash is lol.
My Deleon is fitted with a Troy super 7 and tuned to each other. It's one heck of a going hunter.
Good luck in the future and happy hunting!!

I see a troy X2 7" coil listed now but if I'm going to buy a coil near that price, I'll spend another $2 and get the 11x8 RSD coil instead. My pro pointer is on the fritz, pointer switch got wet and sand grit from tot lot parks. The double beep start up button doesn't leave it on, it shuts right down after the second beep. I have the battery out and rubber switch boot pulled off and sitting in a ziplock bag of rice, trying to pull the moisture out of it.If I get it dried out,I'm going to electrical tab theover the button and sound ports to eliminate any further problems. I'm liking the Deleon stock 9x8 coil on the sabre, pinpoints perfectly with the sabre, not so much with the Deleon.

I've been fortunate to hunt mostly mild ground with the D and have had very good success. I have several detectors with ground balance capabilities if I need it, but enjoy using the D so much that It has found a lot for me.
BB

I just cashed in $ 79.23 today. Cleaning them sucks. Multiple washings, starting with boiling water and dish detergent then I use Borax detergent and hot water which takes the majority of the mineral deposits off and the pennies get multiple heated hydrogen peroxide bath. Really ironed red coins get rubbed with baking soda and borax paste to remove the coloring, sometimes rubbed on a scothbrite scouring pad to remove the coloring.. They go final stage through a tumbler wash and rinse and then laid out on a stainless steel table top to dry out in the sun. I need to build a new stainless steel tumbler. They clean better ,the more coins you have that tumble against each other.I turn them at the bank where a machine counts them, sometimes you have to straighten bent coins in a vise so they don't get kicked back by the machine. Any coin that gets kicked back gets thrown away therefore not counted. Lawn mower hit coins and Canadian coins find their way to gas stations or wherever I can turn them around without penalty of losing their value by being rejected.I took the Deleon back to the place where I found the coins in the first post.I found 48 more coins and tomorrow they are having games so the concession stand was bringing in stuff while I was hunting.

BarberBill said:
I've been fortunate to hunt mostly mild ground with the D and have had very good success. I have several detectors with ground balance capabilities if I need it, but enjoy using the D so much that It has found a lot for me.
BB
I haven't a machine with ground balancing capabilities yet, But everything works well that I have without ground balancing control.Yes we are very fortunate in that aspect.

The coins I'm hunting are at concession stands and are not deep or old, Quite often an edge or the whole coin will be in plain view in the grass. if not found in the gravel stone around the concession stand. The gravel stone areas is a matter of detecting the coins within the rocks and pinpointing with pro pointer, no digging involved, just move the stones around and pick the coins out of the crevices of the other layer of stones. Whomever thought to put stone down around concession stands is a Godsend for hiding the coins amongst the rock crevices and the convenience of picking coins without digging. Almost like living the dream...........

Put the coins in your rock tumbler, cover with plain vinegar, add a couple tablespoons of table salt and tumble for 3/4 hour. Rinse with plain water. Then cover with plain water and add 1 a tablespoon of baking soda and Tumble for 4 to 5 hours. Rinse and the coins are nice and clean. Just be sure to Tumble pennies seperate from the others or they will come out pink. Oh, great hunt!

Rough day today. I found 2/3 of a ring and the rabbit pendant was broken at the ear, thinking chalk 2 up for the lawn mower. I did find a 1952 wheat back though, was hoping the quarter would be pre '64 but it wasn't.I found a new spot.There use to be carnivals held there years ago and since then it has been turned into a community park/soccer field. The town is est. 1803.I need to spend more time because I barely got anywhere. A ton of pull tabs, bottle caps in the ground...........