Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLeon, changing batteries

oleterryg

Question for DeLeon owners. At what point is it best to change batteries, to get the best out of the machine? I've lost 2 bars, so down to 6 bars left. I'm thinking fresh batteries at 3 bars left.

This is probably one of those brainless questions, but I'm thinking there has to be an optimum time to make change.

I change them at 4 bars left but I run the cheap Dollar tree Sunbeam batteries, only $1 for 8 AA batteries.One thing I do do is pop the battery packs out when sitting idle in storage.I can afford to buy a new battery holder pack, not so much a new machine because the battery leaked. I would do that regardless of battery brand though.

Well the best way to set a standard to compare with would be running air tests at full, half, then 2 bars or however you want. Then you will know where the performance drops off.
I use rechargeables so they're full every time. With that machine it was a wise investment. New rechargeables are nothing like older ones.
I've never run mine low. But if it's anything like the vaquero, it becomes a winey child and starts talking back with low batteries.
Lol I can take a battery from my vaquero that's "low" causing it to get cranky and run it in my compadre for a couple more hours haha.
Still running through my 9 volt alkaline supply, but have tested my liIon 9v rechargeables and I'm impressed

Hey guys, thanks for the info. All good.

Not for sure, but these batteries have gotta be over 30 hours so far.

One thing that I do is cut the power on the DeLeon, when digging the hole and using the PP. Not always, but most of the time.

Maybe the off/on know will wear out before the original batteries do.y

Batteries last forever in the Deleon. I believe the voltage is regulated to be consistent, so I personally don't plan to change them until the bitter end. I wouldn't shut off when digging. I'd rather not deal with the hassle of getting the switch/pot replaced. Now the Vaquero was a different story. When that 9V got low it went wonky.

Dan

Definitely rather change batteries than a pot lol.
They do wear out. Takes a long time but no reason for the extra stress.
My Deleon a disc pot will probably outlast all my pots on all my tesoros. It never moves.
Because of the screen I just block out iron and go lol.

For the first time with my DeLeon, as more of an experiment, I hunted for about 45 min in max discrimination. Silver, quarters, and dimes only. Quiet as I was on my first date.
I don't believe the targets were there.

For me, along with my AA makro and nokta machines, the cost of a couple sets of eneloops or a combo pack on Amazon with charger and 8 AA iOS a great deal.
They have another combo with 10 but it's got the slower charger. It will add more charges to the life of the batteries, but with how many charges those take, they'll outlast me no matter what. I have the normal advanced charger too but I like the faster one with 4 color changing LEDs.
Combine that with another set of 8 white eneloops and you have 2 sets for your Deleon in case somehow you work through the first.
I charge them right when I get home from a hunt. Never ran out on a fully charged set even on an all day hunt.

But before I got into those I picked up a 50+ (don't remember) pack of rayovac fusion batteries and it was a great deal.
Just got sick of throwing them away.
I now use my alkalines at home in remotes and stuff and rechargeables for my detector equipment.

Stoof,
Please tell me the brand name of the charger ypu purchased from Amazon. Want to be sure I get the right one.
Thanks

oleterryg said:
Stoof,
Please tell me the brand name of the charger ypu purchased from Amazon. Want to be sure I get the right one.
Thanks
PM sent.
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions via pm