Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deleon dig numbers?

Anybody using the Tesoro Deleon have definite dig number for nickels, dimes, quarters . silver and so forth?

You can probably watch this Youtube vid and see his. Although a lot depends on soil composition and depth. The deeper the target the numbers will be off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANv3Z0-qtE

The Cortes I had was a very accurate detector. If I remember right, nickels we’re almost always 21, dimes 80-81 quarters and up fell into the 95+ range but on the 9 segment bar graph of the Cortes I could tell roughly what was what. The bar graph on the machine I had was also very actuate.
I remember when pinpointing if quickly passing the coil back and forth over the target it would lock on pretty good and give very stable ID’s even when the target was detection fringe deep.
If you get a stable, locking #18-29 the potential for a ladies ring is very good! Trash targets like to bounce all over but round.. like most detectors likes to lock on quite well. On this machine the locking effect vs. Bouncing # is very pronounced compared to other machines I’ve used.
I picked up a cz6 once. This thing could air-test a dime at 11.5- 12”! I was like wow! This is the deepest machine I’ve ever owned.
I took both machines out to and old one room school site that I had absolutely pounded with the Cortes( same circuitry as Deleon, just a couple more id features and toggle switches). I worked it hard, dug some deep iffy targets, most of which turned out to be bottlecaps, foil and such. I’d recheck them with the Cortes to see if it could hit them, it did. After finding one that rang up high into silver and gave and eaqual amount of iron grunts on the cz, I took the Cortes over. It sounded off Similarly.. The cz was giving a bunch of iron grunts mixed in with the high tone but I could lift the coil about 3” before completely loosing the signal. On the Cortes while scrubbing the coil on the ground I could start to get a fairly stable 80 out of it but I’d loose the signal if I lifted the coil about 1- 2”. It was a very iffy target. I slowly dug the target to find a silver dime sitting almost perfectly on edge at 6.5” deep.
It was a good lesson for me to see just how differently a detector responds to targets on edge vs. Laying flat.

I usually use the "probability graphs" as I call them.
The DeLeon may need 4 it more swings over the Target to dial in what it is.
I know silver always shows up as 95 and most quarters do too.
But I use the graph more than the numbers.
If you need to know get your hands on different years nickels and air test them.
I have found with all my tesoros that nickels can vary on where they disc out on the knob depending on the year. Not so much 1-2 year differences, but between decades they definitely do for me.

Edit: also if you are getting carrots (^^^^) in any graph areas that's another way of saying to lift the coil a bit and swing a couple times. If it can't read at all it'll say "lift coil" but the carrots also mean that it's getting a partial reading but lifting the coil a little more can dial it in better.

Last edited: