Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLeon finds

Found these today with the Deleon. The button is military and the ring looks to be military. Maybe you guys will recognize what it is. The ring has a propeller and wings on it.

The best I can tell with my old eyes they look really great.:cheers: You need a bigger camera. How did you get the pictures that small?:)

tabman

The button is a post 1903 heraldic eagle general service WWl or WWll, the ring looks like army air corps, neat finds!

My phone is old and has a small not so good camera. Sorry, I can probable take some better pictures with my "real" camera.

Hey Wheatymike, nice finds! I really like that ring!

Can you tell me your routine depth you achieve with your Deleon and what type of soil you generally hunt in? Also, the type of coil you use too.

mojotrout said:
Hey Wheatymike, nice finds! I really like that ring!

Can you tell me your routine depth you achieve with your Deleon and what type of soil you generally hunt in? Also, the type of coil you use too.
I don't really know how mild or mineralized the soil is here in Arkansas. I suspect it is pretty mild. I have dug some coin size targets at 6" or so but I suspect it will get a little deeper than that. I just haven't ran across any real deep ones with it yet. Here in central Arkansas it is pretty rocky and things don't seem to sink much. It will air test a dime at probably 8 or 9" if I remember correct. It is definitely deeper than the other uMax Tesoro's I have used. I found the ring with a 5.75 concentric at about 3" deep, at a really trashy house place. I also like to hunt with the 8x9. Truth be told both coils perform good. And the depth is about the same on both.

thanks wheaty. Ive been looking at maybe getting a used deleon a guy in town here is looking to move. Ive heard from a few people now that its a little deeper than my Silver uMax.

never used a deleon , but its getting some great finds for you , thats a nice find any day on that silver ring, thanks for sharing

kaolinwasher said:
never used a deleon , but its getting some great finds for you , thats a nice find any day on that silver ring, thanks for sharing
Thanks Man , yes I definitely love the Deleon.