Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLeon Nabs Small Gold

kittlitz

At a club hunt a couple of weeks ago, I put my recently-acquired DeLeon through its paces. One signal was very low ID (2 to 6), but occasionally would fluctuate higher. There were also flashes of signal in the "Nickel" bar when this happened, Having tested the machine on small rings, I knew some of them might respond this way; so i decided to dig it. Was very delighted to see a small 14K ring emerge from the plug. As you can see from the photos, it's pretty tiny. The darn thing discriminates out below most foil, so I was just lucky to have my discrimination set low enough to catch it. Kind of a fluke :)

I'm quite liking the DeLeon so far. The histogram-like signal bars are a great addition to the target ID number and give me a better idea of what the target might be. I do wish it had adjustable ground balance though, because it's noticeably positive in my ground.

-Ken

Nice find!!! I use my Deleon more for coins, but I guess I am not using it for all it can be used for !!!
Nice find. And I learned something. :)
Thanks for the info on what displayed for that. Just shows if you don't dig, you don't find.

Thanks! I decided to double-check the ID readings the ring gives... looks like 4-6 is the usual range, with occasional blips higher. I'm now probably going to dig hundreds of pieces of full trying to find another ring like it :)

-Ken

Yeah my thoughts exactly. But the only way not to miss anything is to dig everything