Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deleon or Outlaw

clad king

i have a deleon and was thinking of getting the outlaw, would i be gaining much by getting the outlaw or shouild i just stay with the deleon , i really like the deleon! thanks clad king

i never used an outlaw or deleon. i use the vaquero. imagine get a bit more depth and more versatility with the manual ground balance on either of them. if the deleon had manual GB in disc mode. thats what i would be using. dont see why tesoro did not put it on the deleon and just in all metal on the cortez.

I loved my Deleon over the Bandido II (a similar machine to the Outlaw). If you have a lot of experience under your soles, I can see the love for an Outlaw. But my Deleon found more coins than my Bandido II and Compadre combined. Once you learn it, the Deleon kills coins/jewelry to about the 7" level in disc.

The TID is more of a junk eliminator than a coin finder. 95 is a good number.

the deletion would be a greater machine with just a ground balance to me it is a disc only detector Cuz without the GB the threshold all metal is not so good .

i really appreciate the feedback, im surprised with the depth im finding coins at with the deleon and with accurate readings too and i just love the smooth audio it has, ok i just talked myself into just keeping the deleon :thumbup: it is one awesome detector! HH clad king

My D is definitely the deepest of my µmax group of detectors in the soil I generally hunt and I've made a lot of goog finds with it.. That said, If you're adaptable to the tone without a screen, in my opiniion the Oulaw is the more versatile machine due to the ground balancing capability. As Koalinwasher mentions, the threshold based, all metal settings in the preset ground machines are not as useful as the might be because the threshold wavers too much as you travel over the ground making it hard to know whether you're swinging over a target or just hearing a change in mineralizatiion. The ground mineralization can cause a very noticable change in the threshold volume by just raising or lowering the coil where no target exists.
BB