Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLeon Pinpointing Question

Folsom Don

I recently traded to get a DeLeon. I noticed that it pinpoints (louder tone as target gets closer) when I switch to and hold the toggle to the Battery Test position. I couldn't find this feature in the user's manual.

My question is this - has my DeLeon been modified to get the pinpoint function or is this a standard feature? ......Don

Nobody who owns a DeLeon has taken a crack at this, so I'll put in my two cents worth. I owned a Cortes, which is similar to the DeLeon, and the only pinpointing on that, that I was aware of, was in the all-metal mode. If it doesnt cover it in the manual, I'm guessing that it isnt a normal feature. Tesoros cover their features pretty well in the manuals.
I just went and read their on-line manual that covers both the pinpointing and the battery check. There is no mention of either of these funtion interrelating.
What you described sounds like the all-metal VCO. So someone may have been playing around with the detector. You might want to have it sent in to have a check up. My understanding is that there are several trimpots that control different functions, and if they were tweaked, it might affect your display accuracy or your ground balance.
I am curious though. If it was a battery check feature, why did you use it to ground balance with? Hope this helps a little.

J. Brown

After looking in the manual you helped me solve the question. There is a BATT TEST position on the MODE toggle switch. When you toggle to BATT TEST the De Leon goes to all metal mode which is how you pinpoint with it. The screen shows the strength of the batteries and also allows you to pinpoint with an increased sound level as you get over the target. So I believe my detector has not been modified.

The De Leon does not have a ground balance function - it's factory preset.....Thanks again, Don

I meant pinpoint. Oops:blush: Glad that it worked out ok for you. Sometimes I skim when I read, and didnt even notice that the battery check tied in with the pinpoint. I thought that I read you clicked something else. Anyway, glad you got it figured out!

J.

I don't own a DeLeon, yet, but thinking about it strongly.

I believe the confusion on pinpointing is when you toggle from Disc to the centered position, this is actually the AM Mode, not Battery Test. For Battery test you flip the toggle left, get the reading, and it automatically returns to the center (AM) position.

Think I'm right; maybe another DeLeon owner can confirm this.