Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DELEON QUESTION

TN HUNTER

LOOKING TO MAYBE PURCHASE A DELEON. LAYED OFF WORK RECENTLY SO I HAVE BEEN OUT HUNTING WITH MY TEJON. BUT I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT BUYING A DELEON FOR OLD HOME SITES AND SOME RELIC. BUT I NEED A VERY HONEST REPORT ON THE DELEON. HOW DEEP, IS ID STABLE AND HOW FAR DOWN IS THE ID GOOD ON OBJECTS. AND DOES IT DO A GOOD JOB ON GROUND BALANCE.I LIKE TESORO MACHINES BUT NOT AFRAID TO LOOK AT OTHERS. I HAVE LOOKED AT FISHER F5 AND 4. THOUGHT ABOUT A WHITES. SO PLEASE I JUST A HONEST REPORT ON THE DELEON. I LOVE MY TEJON AND WOULD NOT TRADE IT.TESORO IS A GREAT COMPANY.WILL BE HERE FOR LONG TIME. THANKS, TN HUNTER

I had a Deleon in Tucson, Az. for 1 1/2 yrs. The soil there has a lot of mineralization. I found the ground balance to work fine. I found a penny at a measured 9 1/2". However I found the readout to be a pain. I very seldom used it. hard to read in the sunlight. Was fairly accurate though. Hope this helps.

I found coins at about 7"- 8".. but the older coins I found are from 1"- 4" at old sites.. pin pointing in all metal great.. ID great on silver,copper, 73- 95

I've found a lot of coins with mine. The ID is pretty accurate to 8" or so and I've dug a few coins that deep. Haven;t had any problem with the ground, but truthfully haven't used it in very severe ground. As mentioned in another post, the display can be difficult to read in some light conditions. All in all, I've been pleased with mine.
HH
B+B

I have a DeLeon and a F5. Both excellent and very different detectors.

Definitely a longer learning curve on the F5. The Deleon is dirt simple to use.

The DeLeon has very good depth for a midpriced detector.

I've consistently found more deep 6-8" coins with the F5. But my deepest coin so far was a 9" silver Washington with the DeLeon. An iffy signal that surprised me when it was a good target. The DeLeon is definitely better on nickels than the F5.

I bought the DeLeon used and the preset GB when I got it was way off and the detector was not stable.

I sent it to Tesoro, they adjusted it to my dirt sample and it's worked just fine ever since.

The ID is solid on coins down to about 6 inches.

Have used my Deleon for about a year and a half and I love it !!! Suprisingly i just bought a Tejon a couple months ago!!! lol Anyways the D is great for coin hunting it is very deep especially when you go real slow (sweep speed) I like the number ID as well as the bar because once you detect with for a little while you know exactly what is under the coil !!! Like nickels are usually 32 or 33 things like that!! It has found plenty for me ! I was almost thinking of selling it since i got the tejon but still am unsure because of how good it has been to me!! It is for sure a turn on and go detector and was very stable up here in ohio soil! and as far as pinpointing u dont even need the all metal mode !!! it is that good!!! Just think i went from whites to Tesoro and i will tell you what I will never REPEAT NEVER go back!!!!!