Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeLorme pn40

Gonehunting

I just purchased the delorme pn 40. This is my 3rd handheld. The 1st being a garmin etrax venture hc. It was a good easy to use machine until I downloaded the maps.(hassle) the next was a magellan p.o.s. I would not reccommend to anyone. The controls were too complicated. Not that i didnt understand the machine it was just that it took too long to go to different tasks. And the maps were hard to download and then they were of low quality.
That all changed with this delorme. I got a heck of a deal on walmarts onsite order. It was only $8.00 more than the pn30 and the maps are very good quality. I dont know if they had it priced wrong but i ordered and was at my store in about a week. I would highly recommend it.

I bought the PN-40 as well and just can't fall in love with it. It's OK and the DeLorme Map Library is really a nice feature for a very reasonable price. That is where they beat Garmin but that's where it stops in my opinion.