Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delta 4000 or BH Platinum?

Hey all,

This is for anyone who may have experience with either or both models. I recently have been forced to 'downgrade' detectors and am looking for a solid, lightweight model in the $300 range. I have seen a TON of reviews for the Delta, both with/without the DD coil but haven't seen a whole lot on the BH Platinum (I know from reading other posts here it's a forerunner to the Omega, but not quite the same beast).

My requirements are light weight (my wife can't swing my XLT for long and she likes to hunt too), and decent in park/old homesite locations, both of which we hunt regularly. I haven't owned a Bounty Hunter since waaaay back when I first started with an old TR550D so other than the 'bashing' that seems to go along with the name can anyone give pros/cons?

We don't hunt beaches and the soil here in Indiana isn't too terrible. In the past I've owned a GTA1000, Bandido II uMax, Fisher F4 my trusty rainbow XLT and most recently an Etrac that I hated to part with but had to for financial reasons so I've had some eperience with several makes.

Given that the wife isn't much for 'beep and dig' (she likes the screen on the XLT,lol) and the fact she may use the machine as much as I will, what's the best option for coinshooting parks and old homesites?

Well I still haven't tried the Delta 4000 but I do have the platinum. First let me tell you that the platinum has nothing to do with the Omega, it is almost identical to the Gamma 6000. The main difference with the gamma is that the gamma has the manual and automatic ground balance, while the platinum has just the automatic ground balance. I don't see this as a big problem since you can still ground balance it depending on the terrain. The detector is very fast, it is super light, and it has the big screen that everyone likes.
Please consider that in the lower end teknetics there is a bounty hunter for every model. There is the Bounty hunter Gold (same as the Delta 4000) the bounty hunter titanium (same as the Alpha 2000) and the platinum (same as the Gamma 6000).
I personally know that the BHP is a great detector and it is most ideal for a woman that wants to hunt with you. I personally have the platinum for coin shooting (and it does a great job at it) and as my second detector for my wife ( Whites MXT as main unit).

Thank you norbyx, that's just the kind of information I was hoping to get! Are you using the stock coil? I found a couple videos on youtube but most seem to be one guy in South Carolina that has a DD on it.

I use the stock coil and I think there is no need to upgrade to the DD...
Here is a comparason video I did...
[video]http://youtu.be/Ngi2aUGL8eI[/video]

Hello again norbyx.

I've run into several users on the web who have/had issues with the Platinums failing to detect, requiring a restart of the machine to get going again if at all. This isn't deterring me from buying one yet, but I will most likely purchase a new unit in order to get the warranty in the event I get a flaky unit. Honestly I'm surprised some Delta users haven't offered any advice. I also saw your video with the Tesoro vs the Platinum and have to say that was impressive.

HH

THE Delta 4000 hands down! Stay away from BH junk! SOmepeople like them but that doesn't make them worth a d....

Salida said:
THE Delta 4000 hands down! Stay away from BH junk! SOmepeople like them but that doesn't make them worth a d....
I supose you do realize they are the same factory, and basically the same detector line but with different names? Just asking because if you don't know it the Delta 4000 is the same as the BH Gold,
The BH titanium is a Teknetics ALPHA 2000 and the Platinum is a Gamma 6000

I would have to say the delta with my current experience with it. It is a solid unit. I also have my 2 Tracker IV units that are not junk to back it up.: First Texas makes some quality machines. I have been using them for over 10 years.

Ordered a Delta earlier this afternoon, can't wait to see how I end up doing with it. Was going to order from Bart, but I had emailed him over a week ago with no response so I went elsewhere. It's the package with the Pinpointer and standard coil. If I like the way it performs, I can already forsee grabbing a couple more coils for it (which was the main reason I chose it over the BH Platinum.

If I and the wife end up liking it, I think I'll put the XLT for sale and grab a Gamma or Omega if these things are as light as I hear...

HH all and thanks for the input!

Oh it will be light, and well balanced. You will love how the delta pinpoints.

Hoosierdirt said:
If I and the wife end up liking it, I think I'll put the XLT for sale and grab a Gamma or Omega if these things are as light as I hear...

HH all and thanks for the input!

Used a bunch of other brands and models over the years and really liked the Tesoros.
I should have traded the Tesoros in a few years ago and tried the Teks. If I had only know how wonderful the Delta and Omega are.
Monte was right..................

They ARE NOT the same. The same company, yes, but the man who designed the Delta 4000 would be offended to
hear ANYONE say they are the same as the BH. They are not!

Salida said:
They ARE NOT the same. The same company, yes, but the man who designed the Delta 4000 would be offended to
Can you proof your statement???

Salida said:

The guy to whom you refer posts in the BH forum, if you're curious what his opinion is.

--Dave J.

Hehe, you don't seem offended Dave ;)

I have only owned a Delta 4000 for about 3 months and am starting to get the feel for it with the 8" concentric coil. My concern here is the 5" coil. I work a lot of Very Trashy areas and am thinking that the 5" will help with discrimination. As you can see, I've had some success with the 8". Do any of you have any experience with the smaller coil?