Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delta 4000 question

Tooldude

I recently purchased a used but like new teknetics delta 4000. It seems to function fine, however, the online owners manual for the delta 4000 shows that its supposed to have an A1 and A2 mode in the all metal setting. I can find no A1 or A2 modes on this delta. This machine is an early model that i believe was manufactured around 2009. Does anyone know if these early delta 4000 detectors came without this feature? If my machine has an A1 and A2 mode - i can find no way to access it. It's no big deal either way...just wondering why this machine does not have this

I saw a video where pushing the mode button while in discrimination takes you to all metal A1 and pushing the mode button twice puts the detector in all metal A2. A1 and A2 show up on the screen for a couple of seconds. What happens when you push the mode button while in discrimination? Does it actually go to all metal? If you push it twice does it stay in all metal? After the 4th push does it go to pinpoint. If not, the membrane switch may be worn out. I hope this helps.

I saw a video where pushing the mode button while in discrimination takes you to all metal A1 and pushing the mode button twice puts the detector in all metal A2. A1 and A2 show up on the screen for a couple of seconds. What happens when you push the mode button while in discrimination? Does it actually go to all metal? If you push it twice does it stay in all metal? After the 4th push does it go to pinpoint. If not, the membrane switch may be worn out. I hope this helps.
All the buttons on this machine are crisp and respond perfectly. No matter which configuration i press the buttons - it will not display A1 or A2 modes. I literally spent an entire hour trying to access these modes. I even opened up the case to see if anything looked wrong with the circuit board and everything appears good. It says on the cicuit board....First texas, assembled in mexico, 9/17/2008. This machine is obviously one of the very first deltas that was manufactured and all i can assume is that these very early machines did not have the A1/A2 feature yet. However, i could be completely wrong about that. I sent the teknetics service dept an e-mail explaining this situation to them, hopefully they can shed some light on why this thing does not have this feature. Really appreciated your responce, Thank you!