Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delta 4000

Rob183

If looking for a starter ID detector is there any way to go wrong with this one for the money?

I had one and it performed really good. I only wish I had tried the DD coil on it. It was quite impressive with the stock concentric coil. It goes surprisingly deep for its price range. Good luck and Happy Hunting :detecting:

Medium performance "entry level": most folks would rate the more recent Euroteks as offering more value for the money than the Delta. Might also look into Fisher F22 and the new Bounty Hunters that look kind of like the Delta and Eurotek. All these share somewhat similar circuitry, and differ primarily in feature set and what searchcoil they come with stock standard.

The discrimination software algorithms used in these machines is fairly similar to that used on our high performance machines, and customers familiar with metal detectors often remark that on targets less than 8 inches or so deep these machines deliver performance comparable to machines costing several times as much. Of course the more expensive machines still have their place for searching in locations where it's okay to dig with a shovel, and in gold prospecting which the under-$400 machines aren't much use for.

Walmart.com has the delta on its website for $138. I would definitely get one for that Price.