Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Delta 4000?

attackcat1

I got one coming, Anybody here use one? I want to use it as a park hunting detector for coins and the bonus jewelry finds.....how does it do for this type hunting ? Thanks

I got one a week ago. Used it once so far. Found the four lot markers I was initially looking for. Had tried several times with different detectors (borrowed) to find the markers but with no success. The D4000 had no trouble. In addition I found 2 rusty nails, 3 rusty screws, 3 bottle caps and a shiny 2010 quarter. I have to admit to salting the quarter to give my grand daughter something to find. It seems that I have unleashed a detectoring monster.
Have a good one

Even the alpha 2000 is a deep and accurate machine,,Greeks are coin hunters for sure..:teknetics:

Delta 4000 is the best intro unit I have ever used

Purchased one from ebay and while it was being shipped from the USA, I decided to get an 11"DD coil off a forum member -

Coil turned up first - First time I had held the 11'DD and I was impressed - The following day the Delta 4000 arrived all boxed up nicely -

Unpacked it and h3ll it looked nice with black and green colors around the control housing and the silver shafts - It all locked together solidly - Probably the best, tightest fitting of the shafts I had ever experienced and it was super light - I mean really light

After admiring it for about ten minutes I decided to take off the 8" Concentric and put the 11"DD on - Low and behold the plug doesn't fit - WTF? - I looked at the box and looked at the detector - Hey somethings not right I said to myself - That picture is different to the Delta 4000 I pulled out of the box as the one I had pulled out had ONE headphone jack and it was the smaller 1/8th jack-point - I looked at the picture on the box and discover that the one in the picture has TWO jack-points = 1/8th and 1/4"

I then thought the person that had sold me the Delta 4000 had pulled a fast one -

To solve the situation I thought I would phone Fisher USA to see if they could help me with my predicament and to find out more about the two versions of this model - Got a nice lady at Fisher so I explained the above and her first response was - Why didn't you check in the box before you purchased it - I thought that was a little strange but responded by saying that you should not have to look into the box as the product was clearly pictured on the outside - She then explained to me about the A & B versions which use the same box - I then explained to her that its difficult for me to check inside the box before I buy as we are used to items being sold as being the same on the box as they are inside the box - However this was not solving the problem -

I then asked if they had any converter cables to change the screw on coils to the push on ones and vice versa or better still, could they sell me a push on plug for the coil and the wiring schematic and I will get a electronics guys here in NZ to fit it - She then went away for a couple of minutes to the service department and then came back saying that they do not have converter cables nor with they sell me the plug or give out schematics - I said then what should I do with this 11"DD Coil? - The response was to simply bin it and buy another.....

Since then I believe that FT do have converter cables for the push in to screw in and vice versa

They have also released a third version of the Delta 4000 - I like the one with the two headphone jacks and the screw in coils

Why did I share this? - Even after all this, I still rate the Teknetics Delta 4000 as one of the best introductory metal detectors I have ever used and I have used a few - I hope this helps and I know you too will enjoy the Delta - its truly an under-rated detector with fantastic performance for the price -

There are definitely converters out there. Search the forum for a Bounty Hunter to Teknetics adapter. Good luck.

I just bought one at the Sports Authority going out of business sale. I got it for $149 new in the box. It is the model with the 1/8 inch headphone jack. I just bought some Koss mini-phones for it and they are perfect. So far I really like it. It is a very versatile machine for the price and is a true coin vacuum. I have yet to see what depth it will get. I don't know if SA has any left or has closed all their stores by now, but that may be worth checking.

loot_ n_al said:
There are definitely converters out there. Search the forum for a Bounty Hunter to Teknetics adapter. Good luck.

yeah thanks mate - I suppose i should have stated that that was around 5 years ago - my bad & yes there are convertors out there now - From memory they came out about 6 months after my issues - Thank you for your help :beers: