Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth and the F75

XLT-user

No great story here. Just an exceptional depth on a very small target. Yesterday (Sunday) took the F75 for a little hunt. Lots of clad no Silver. BUT here is the story. A small circular Piece of copper no more than 3/8 inch round and about the same thickness was detected at a measured 8" in depth. Read just a little below Zinc penny on meter. Wow.Unbelievable depth on this machine. DE Mode. 75 Sens. Fast Grab Ground balanced. Signal was loud and clear. In the past some Indian pennies have read in near the meter reading.If the machine can hit targets this size at that depth the potential is fantastic for good finds if their in the ground. I am really impressed. I am looking forward to old Silver soon. What kind of depth are others getting ?. Just curious !

Mypersonal best has been a 9" IH. Gave a sweet, mellow signal in all directions. Gounrd balance read at around 55. Was in DE mode. JE is even a little more sensitive. Especially on very small items. Spend time with the F-75. I've had mine for a year and am still learning. Not that it's that hard to learn, but it can so some much, it takes time to absorb all it can and will dol.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

For me it's been a wheat penny at about 9" - but what is most impressive to me is the ability of the detector to give mostly accurate TID at these depths. I just got my F75 about 10 days ago and it is already my favorite and go to machine. It is fantastic!

ian

I've dug civil war bullets at 16" with this machine in all metal mode and a button at about 12" in mineralized soil. If you use all metal mode and crank the sensitivety. You'll see the difference on depth. Listen for the deep signals and your finds will improve even more. The machine is a lot noiseier in all metal with high sensitivety. But it's worth it. Once you learn it. Crank it up. And keep on diggin'!!!!!

One other comment. I had a recent hunt where I was able to sniff out an indian head penny at an accurate 7" in a mountain of nails and iron trash. That is very impressive to me. I missed the same coin with two other high end detectors given that I've detected the same 100 sq foot about 5 times over.

Ian

I am also amazed at the depth this machine will detect. The other day I took mine out and MADE myself hunt in all metal motion mode. I dug a brass shoe buckle at 8 or so inches. All metal motion is a deep mode to run in. It is crazy how just a slight click in audio and a look at the Vdi will reveal a target. Sometimes I won't get an audible tone just a VDI reading dig down deep and blam something nice. I love the F75. Now I just need some great places to hunt.

I recently dug a 1911-S wheat cent (semi-key date) at 9 inches in bone dry soil. Audio was strong. That was in all-metal mode, which I prefer in less trashy areas. Important lesson I learned was that even if the target ID is bouncing between the high 40s and mid 60s on a deep target, it is likely to be something good. If I'm in a high trash area (which is most of the time), I run the machine in discrimination mode, Delta Pitch (I like these tones), sensitivity about 75 or as high as I can stand it, with a fast grab ground balance reading in the high 60s at this particular site. Fe3O4 meter read 0.1, which reflects moderate soil mineralization.

Dug a 1944-S wheat the other night in turf at 7.5 inches (you can believe my depths, because I've actually measured the length of my hand to be 7.5 inches) in discrimination mode, delta pitch, target ID was bouncing between high 40s to high 60s, good strong signal, with mostly sweet, high tones that made me dig it.

Jim

I've pulled eagle buttons out at 12 inches with the 75. What's impressive is these are in house sites that are loaded with iron.

Richard

were around 6 and 7 inches down and I was hunting in all metal. They came in around 12 and 13, of
course at that site you must dig every signal. I also dug 27 3 ringers and they too came in at 12
and 13. You have to watch that little meter at the right side of the scale. I didn't know anything about
that scale until Buckeye Brad showed me. Nice to have someone who knows his metal detectors around!

HH,Ringfinder

P.S. I suppose I dug some Minnie's at deeper depths, but I never thought to measure the depth.