Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth gauge on my SE Pro isn't telling me the truth.

Hi fellows,

I have noticed that my depth gauge reading on my SE Pro doesn't seem to be telling me the truth. Seems like when I get a good target signal and it shows a good six inches deep, it's not the case. I dig my plug and flip it over and come to find out my target is still in my plug and not in the hole. I usually run my sensitivity between 22 and 26 and running stable and was wondering if running too high on sensitivity would give you a false depth reading? Thanks for any help on this and wondering if anyone else has ran into this same problem?

Eddie

n/t

Eddie .. I can't count the number of targets that were showing up at 6 or even 8 inches and it ends up being only 4 or 5. I run my sensitivity at 26 auto mostly.

I guess I'm not alone McDave when the depth gauge isn't telling us the truth and Neal, I basically use the Pro coil that came with my SE when I bought it. Thanks again for your replies.

Eddie

n/t

Size matters..... such as smaller targets close to the surface or larger targets deeper. Its a best guess much like what the tones tell us. Yes sometimes after market coils throw it off as well..... or even different sized coils. High sensitivity often means greater coil HALO..... which equates to larger coil foot print and the posibility the target isnt directly under the coils hot spot.

You have to include the distance of your coil to the actual ground surface as well....How many people swing there coil say, one , two or three inches above the actual ground surface...Adding those inches to the actual inches the target is in the ground would be more precise.. Just my thoughts and if one is not sober :cheers::biggrin: when detecting the swaying, visual problems and staggering could also affect your analysis:smoke:

You loose depth .... but accually i find the depth meter works better with a little distance from those surface targets. Like focusing a camera .... sometimes it gets the target you want in focus... other times it dont.

Dew

i swing my coil right on the ground and i've had my explorer 11 show a depth reading of about half the gauge move the coil back and its a coin right on top of the ground.

I am an earth-scrubber also ... might be an inch off the ground .. sometimes.