Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth Master Question

RELIC_HUNTER

Of all their models made, which one would be the best for a person with a hearing problem...He has the 1266X and 1236X Fisher and Tesoro UMax detectors....I can not give any input for I have never used one.

RELIC_HUNTER said:
Of all their models made, which one would be the best for a person with a hearing problem...He has the 1266X and 1236X Fisher and Tesoro UMax detectors....I can not give any input for I have never used one.

They made a deal that can be added to a detector that vibrates over targets. I don't have the time to research it this morning.
I believe it intensifies as you get closer to or directly over targets.

Mark

The Depth Master was nothing more than an amplifier. Your best bet would be to check with some of the forum dealers and see what they have to offer.

I checked on line and you can get a Vibra-Phone 280 for about $80, and I would guess that is for somebody that is pretty much deaf.

They also had Koss Unity Gain Amplifier which says it amplifies weak signals, not sure this if for hard of hearing, but maybe you do a little more research.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

Not all models of Depth Masters are compatable with all detectors. For the 1266x you want a Depth Master automatic model.
For any Tesoro detector without a volume control the Depth Master plus is what you need as it has a volume control built in.
I used these Depth Masters on my detectors in the 80's and 90's and am a firm believer in them.
I put a Depth Master plus on my Silver

Check that what you get not only amplifies the target audio but also "windows" out the loud signals that could further damage his hearing. The one below is a Mk 2 Sensor unit made by Richard Dodds nearly 30 years ago and still working perfectly.