Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

depth of at pro

Cibola

Hello all,

Still considering getting picking up an at pro. I currently use a fischer F5 and the ground where I am at is highly mineralized. The best depth I can get a positive tone ID with it is about 5-6" max. It will detect deeper signals but they are either faint or shaky, this is with the stock coil. In very trashy areas I run the 5'dd coil.

For those of you who have used the at pro do you think it would get better depth? So far I am liking everything else I have watched or read about this detector. AND I would love to be able to get a better hold on deeper signals instead of just guessing and going for it at times. Dont get me wrong, the F5 has done well for me and is a fantastic machine if the targets are under 6" deep...its a coin beast.

Where I live I am pulling semi modern out at 2-6" ( coins within last 30 years) and most older stuff is deeper.......so depth is getting to be and issue for me.

Would appreciate any input..THX!!

Depth is relative to the coil size, target size, target's orientation to the coil, mineralization etc. Having said that, there is no reason that all things being equal, that the AT Pro could meet and beat the F5. The AT pro continues to read signals at great depths, even though the target is shown on the screen. And, they really are two completely different metal detectors. The F5 is what it is......the AT Pro is like three metal detectors.

1) A water machine good to depths of 10 feet and hunting in the rain, snow, fog (don't drop your F5 or it's finished:nopity:)

2) A program which allows the AT Pro to act like an ACE 250 for the newer folks or those just wanting to coin & jewellery hunt

3) A program "PRO MODE" for deep relic hunting with the ability to ID bottle caps as such and many other discrimination/notching features which don't effect depth. It is also designed to easily pick out targets in iron infested areas. Did I mention it's hot on gold with that 15kHz operating frequency like the Garrett Scorpion?

I can't wait till tomorrow! Mine will be here! Where does gold usually id on this machine? Lower Non ferrous scale?

So far, all the gold I've found has had a TID of 35(foil) to 54(nickle).

if your wanting a deepseeking machine that kicks butt get an at pro by all meens
i love mine :detecting: gave up my loved f70 for it & haven't looked back
its a coin & jewelry magnet :hot:

zaxfire69 said:
I can't wait till tomorrow! Mine will be here! Where does gold usually id on this machine? Lower Non ferrous scale?
I found a gold & diamond ring in the lake on Sunday that read 40 on the scale. That was also the number of a small gold ring I tested at home, and a piece of aluminum foil pull tab I found at the lake. Skip

skippers said:
zaxfire69 said:
I found a gold & diamond ring in the lake on Sunday that read 40 on the scale. That was also the number of a small gold ring I tested at home, and a piece of aluminum foil pull tab I found at the lake. Skip

Be careful using the coin program ... it notches out the "40" segment and that is where a lot of gold rings are.

When I got my new AT Pro last Dec I put it in coin mode and thought it was defective cause it would not detect some of the gold rings I test with.
Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Personally, I like to hunt in Pro Mode - Zero program - and a iron setting of 35 - and as much sensitivity as I can get, usually max.
I let the tones and TID numbers guide me from there.

Willee

I had been running Pro Zero but lately I've changed to Std Coin and use notch to add back to accept everything from 35 up. I love the way deep small gold will bang the headphones.