Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Depth tests

Yes sir Steve, But I will give some in ground testing over the weekend. I think the 8 inch coil maybe a little hotter when able to run the gain up to Max, but so is the 11 inch too. Wow, I did not run the gold under the coil, but this is a gold detector let's not forget. So I'm sure it's hot on that. Hey, I have a relic hunting and a sliver getter coil, Look at the difference between the 8 inch and the 5 inch on lead, and the nickel. Minnie Ball 7" with the 5 inch coil and Minnie Ball 9 1/2" with the 8 inch. and the Buffalo (clad) Nickel 8 1/4 " 5 inch, and Nickel (clad) Buffalo 9 3/4 on the 11 inch, the 8 inch coil had Nickel (clad) Buffalo 11", I will dig out some small, medium and large civil war buttons and see where brass will show up at. And the 8 inch coil does handle sliver too, WOW :surprised:
Also, notice something else, the target will give weak audio but no VID at these depths, which is fine with me as I relic hunt too and I'm used to not having a VDI. And to be fair, if the target is 3/4 to an 1 inch closer to the coil the VDI will show a drop on the VDI, sometimes 20 or 30 number down from where they should be, Now, get the same target 1/4 inch closer than that and its dead on. I love Audio only targets, there normally good! So listen up and Dig right !!! :thumbup:

Your depths with the 8" got me wondering what the 10" elliptical concentric would do so I grabbed the same targets you used and went outside to get some numbers. Interference in my yard is pretty bad. The highest setting I could use with stability was 85 and like you not ground balanced. The results at sens 85 with the 10" elliptic are within 1/4" to 1/2" of yours with the 8" at sens 95. Checking out the small part of my yard that is not snow covered and comparing to the 11" DD the difference in seperation ability is amazing. Gonna have to spend some in field time comparing the elliptic to the 11" DD on undug targets. Might just prove to be a good one to have on when the iron does not require something as small as the 5" DD. I'll do a report on the differences in iron handling between the two later on when I can get to some sites around here.

Almost forgot to mention that I got a somewhat proper, within a number or 2 TID reading on all targets.

Tom

I cannot wait for this too, I love it when the minds come together and get a good idea and use it. Hey something else I been wondering about (screw caps) I noticed that if you set the 5 inch coil on top of a screw bottle cap and then lift the coil straight up and off the screw bottle cap,it makes a loud noise like it's read two targets at the same time, and on bottle tops move your coil over the bottle cap fast and hear the iron in the cap. Anybody else?