Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech Chaser -61

dan h

Bought Chaser in November from Backwoods Detectors (and traded in 2 detectors). Today was my 9th session, 45 minutes in a local park. Discrim.Zero can show negative numbers on the screen. I dug a -61 and it turned out to be a bobby pin. There is no table of positive and negative numbers and associated items in the manual, so it is learn by digging or a lot of bench testing.

I've e-mailed Detector Electronics and the factory for an improved manual; no response yet.

I'm quite sure I will keep the Chaser and if so, will order the 7" coil. I had forgotten how heavy a 12 x 10 coil can be to swing.

The lack of notches and variable tone break will deter some people from buying the Chaser but I haven't used those features in the past. A simple machine that goes deeper than my previous detectors is what I wanted and this may be that detector.

I forgot to mention that there is no factory-made protective cover for the control panel. Richard of Backwoods found a generic cover and it fits perfectly. Had to use 2 pieces of Velcro in the back to hold in place.

Sounds like you have found a detector that gets the depth you require.
I agree those 12x10 coils can become heavy after a long use in the field. Let us know how you like the 7" coil when you get it.