Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech Chaser Notes

dan h

The Chaser does not have notch or adjustable tone breaks. Those are features I never used when available on detectors I've owned in the past, but some people may want those features. The ground balance appears to be fixed unless you use manual balancing. The manual refers to automatic ground balancing, so that is confusing. I like to keep things simple, so don't miss notch, etc., and the lack of automatic ground balance, which appears to be the case, is not a problem. There is no factory protective cover for the display so I'm improvising with a zip lock bag. I've only put a little over 3 hours on the machine but I think it will exceed the performance of my past detectors and that is the test of whether an equipment upgrade was worthwhile.

Is it possible that it does have auto like the instruction manual says?? It has auto or manual and is in auto unless you switch to manual. I know with the auto on some detectors depending on how fast it is and how fast and long you sweep over a target you can track it out. On my wife MXT I have had it happen in auto when I go after some of the weaker signals I have to go lock the ground balance or I will track out the target.

Rick

The manual does mention that when you first turn it on it is fixed yet sets itself to work for ground conditions (I don't recall the exact wording) so that implies automatic ground tracking.