Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech Chaser One Touch GB

dan h

The owner's manual refers to but does not explain automatic ground balance. An advertisement posted by a metal detector vendor lists the features of the Chaser and mentions One Touch Ground Balance. So, while inside in my apartment, I turned on detector and pressed the ground balance button once, and the detector emitted 3 beeps. An error message because I wasn't bobbing the detector, or to signal that it had automatically GB'ed? And if the latter, autotracking or a one-time automatic GB?

A well-written manual can be crucial to the sales of any product, including metal detectors. Detech needs to completely redo the manual ASAP!

Very rarely can a detector of any brand name be Ground balanced indoors...Unless your using a specific mineral rock etc. Then your only balancing to that specific mineral makeup.

Wasn't trying to GB, only to see what the detector did by way of audio or visual signals. Will put it to the test in a park when the freezing weather is over.

Bought the Chaser in early November and have used the typical bobbing ground balance. Will check videos to see if there is another way.

Finally got outside today for a few minutes to try "One Touch" ground balance on my apartment's lawn. One touch on Ground Balance brought up the usual display to start pumping the coil, which I did. Maybe that advertisement that mentions One Touch was based on a misunderstanding. So the Chaser has preset and manual. But, the owner's manual still has that puzzling reference to automatic GB!

Quick Overview of Chaser, "One-Touch Ground Adjust" is what I originally saw on a vendor's site. I haven't seen it in action, so will forget it for now. A new, comprehensive manual written by a fluent English speaker would answer all questions!!!