Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech coils for DFX....how good are they??

Running the Detech arrow, 9" and 7" Ultimate DD without any problems on my MXT & DFX. On the VX3 the arrow and 7" run all 3 freq. and the 9" 2.5kHz and 7.5kHz.
Great depth, sensitivity with all coils and enormous coverage with the arrow.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot that the sef coils were made by detech. I had one of those before.

I am thinking of getting 1 of 3 by detech. The 7 or 9 inch ultimate or possibly the 10x14 dd.

I would rather have something in the 11 or 12 inch round dd style but I am not having much luck finding one.

A friend of mine had the Ultimate 13” on his V3i and that thing was an ANIMAL! Balance felt really good with it too, Detech makes some really good stuff. The cables aren’t as supple as some other makes but as long as you’re not changing it all the time it should be fine.

I'm going to chime in a lil here. The DFX was my very 1st good metal detector. I still have that beast of a machine to this day! I got 3 Detech coils & I swear by them from now on. 2 Detech coils are for the v3i specifically, but seem too work fine on my DFX. But the coil i would like to praise for the whites DFX is the Detech 8x6 sef coil specifically for the DFX. I love that coil, great on my ground, great separation & depth. Detech coils are my go to coils for any brand of machine.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot that the sef coils were made by detech. I had one of those before.

I am thinking of getting 1 of 3 by detech. The 7 or 9 inch ultimate or possibly the 10x14 dd.

I would rather have something in the 11 or 12 inch round dd style but I am not having much luck finding one.
The ultimate is 13”

I'm going to chime in a lil here. The DFX was my very 1st good metal detector. I still have that beast of a machine to this day! I got 3 Detech coils & I swear by them from now on. 2 Detech coils are for the v3i specifically, but seem too work fine on my DFX. But the coil i would like to praise for the whites DFX is the Detech 8x6 sef coil specifically for the DFX. I love that coil, great on my ground, great separation & depth. Detech coils are my go to coils for any brand of machine.
I agree 100%... I have the exact same setup... The target separation with that coil is like night and day.... My DFX is like a Brandy New Machine...

I agree 100%... I have the exact same setup... The target separation with that coil is like night and day.... My DFX is like a Brandy New Machine...
Yeah I havent ran my 8x6 sef much, but the bit I have it's like a coin magnet in trash. I would say I can get 8" of depth with it.

I am a new member so please forgive lack of expertise. I have my original White's DFX and am just getting back to MD. Have only used on preset programs but want to learn more. Would a new coil give me any advantage right now or stick with original coil?
Thank you!

I am a new member so please forgive lack of expertise. I have my original White's DFX and am just getting back to MD. Have only used on preset programs but want to learn more. Would a new coil give me any advantage right now or stick with original coil?
Thank you!
Hello laurie. The DFX came with two different stock 950 coils. First the pancake and later the x-style. Performance wise the x-style is far better than the pancake. If you like to get some more depth and better target separation in areas where targets are close together, my advice would be the 9" Ultimate DD. That is a good size, easy to handle and has very good depth; but they are hard to get.

950 new coil.jpg9 Ultimate DD.jpg

Thanks so much for the info. I have the pancake style. Would love to find the one you mention but am guessing it will be difficult.

It will be hard, but you find them every now and than if you keep you eyes open. Best of Luck.🤞🍀

It will be hard, but you find them every now and than if you keep you eyes open. Best of Luck.🤞🍀
Where do you guys suggest I start my search for a new coil to try out on my DFX? I've been looking on ebay but was not sure exactly which coils would work on my DFX until I saw from suggestions here the 9 inch Ultimate DD or 8x6 SEF (but not too familiar with the second one)

Last edited:
Where do you guys suggest I start my search for a new coil to try out on my DFX? I've been looking on ebay but was not sure exactly which coils would work on my DFX until I saw from suggestions here the 9 inch Ultimate DD or 8x6 SEF (but not too familiar with the second one)
p.m. sent