Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech Coils for the GT

imalookin2

Detech has some new coils out and after using my 12X15 SEF I am really interested in them. Both are DD, 14" and 16.5" for the GT. I emailed Kellyco a week ago from their website and got not reply. I emailed them directly tonight hoping for a reply. Detech lists Kellyco and others as dealers. I did not see them on the Kellyco website and thought they were the biggest US dealer. ? Do you know of any US dealers who carry them? I also emailed Detech in Bulgaria hoping for a reply. Anyone used these or have more info on them? My SEF rocks but I need a coil for my second GT. They are supposed to be even deeper than my SEF so that would be a good coil to add for sure!

The 14" DD coil http://detech-metaldetectors.com/products/63-14qdd-pro-search-coil.html

The 16.5 Dd coil http://detech-metaldetectors.com/products/64-165q-dd-pro-search-coil.html

Those aren't new coils. They were out several years ago long before the SEF 12x10 or 15x12. There is very little in the way of reviews from people on these coils, so I would suspect there is not much good to say about them. I know, I searched the entire web a couple years ago looking for any input on them. The SEF coils are a different story. By the way, I found my 12x10 is deeper than the 15x12 I had in my moderate to heavy mineralized soils. The 15x12 was just seeing too much ground matrix and I guess was washing out or degrading the target signals on coin sized targets. It's depth was good, but not as good as the stock 10" Tornado or the even deeper 12x10.

I heard they were not very good too. Guess the hype sell these things. I will stick with my stock coil and SEF. Good enough! :thumbup:

I heard the initial Penetrator coils that these coils I think were called didn't do well at all. Heard a blurb about those not having the pre-amp in the coil like all other Sovereign/Excal coils do. The newer versions are supposed to be better, but like I said I didn't hear enough good things about them to trust it. You would think that if that 14" coil was good there would be just as many guys using that coil as the WOT because they are both the same size and the Detech version is much cheaper.

I would also look into that new 13" Ultimate coil that is coming out Mid May (Kellyco is going to carry it then, though it's already out in the UK on Ebay for the Sovereign) for the Sovereign. It's supposed to be very light and Bryce seems to really like it on his SE Pro. The 12x10 separates better but Bryce made think there is a chance (with more testing) that the Ultimate coil might be a tad deeper.