Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detech Ultimate 13" coil color

liondogs

I am going to order a Ultimate 13" coil for my V3i and I see that they come in black or white color. Beside aesthetics is there a functional difference between the two? I have heard that the black units are the newer batch.

Thanks

Assuming both are V-rated, I'd opt for the white color. Black soaks up so much heat, and heat is a killer for epoxy de-bonding and null shift. I'm in Texas and it gets real hot here.

The coils that whites are selling right now are black and a coil cover is included.

For their older coils, the black were the non v-rated. For this coil I believe they are all v-rated.

Have only used mine twice, but both times it was >90 degrees and fairly humid. Was honestly the most stable large coil I ever used (about on par with my 950), and allowed me to get closer to the power lines in my park than I normally can (which resulted in a couple of silver Rosies).

This is what I was told .

White SEF 12x10 is V-Rated
Black SEF 12x10 is not V-Rated

White Detech 13" Ultimate is not V-Rated
Black Detech 13" Ultimate is V-Rated

Now this is what was told to me from the SuperStore that sells them right here in the Good ol ' USA ......... GS

You are correct. I confirmed this with Whites.