Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detect Chaser Coin Program!

woodchiphustler

Even with your disc set to eliminate sound from targets with a lower conductivity then zinc you will still get a response on Ancient Coins from overseas with lower conductivity. Wow. Don't need that in the American market! Right or wrong?

I've had the Chaser since November 5 and have put in 2 half-sour sessions so needless to say, I've just started the learning curve. Seems like it is going to be a great all around detector. In the instruction manual to one of my Garrett detectors, it says that the patina on an old coin can cause discrimination at any level to cause the coin to be rejected. I haven't verified that as a fact.

My 2 first sessions have been in coin, tone ID mode. I found a silver earring on the last trip. I have a couple of indian head pennies filed away somewhere and will try those in coin and relic programs. One of the pennies does have a heavy patina, so could be a good test item.

You are right. It seems like no matter how high you set your disc you still get sound but just no ID.

In coins program mine is silent over paper clips but target number works. Seems that your unit has things reversed. Maybe Detechusa.com can help determine if your detector is defective and needs to be fixed or get a refund.

In coins program mine is silent over paper clips but target number works

Can you turn your disc right up to a zinc penny and see how it reacts. See if you still get audio but no ID numbers.

I hit + all the way to the right and still got audio and number on a 2017 penny. Either it won't reject zinc pennies or I overlooked something. The manual is not very helpful. Or composition of newest pennies is highly conductive?