Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting along a riverbank. Found old coins and Silver!!

hellgrammite123

Here are some pics of my recent finds. Last week I went detecting along a river bank and found some old coins. The top coin is 1880 Indian Head and the bottom two are 1898 Indian Head and 1853 Half Dime. I am hunting undetected areas. I might be going back this week and if not I will next week.

The 1880 Indian Head and the 1853 Half Dime were found in the same area, about 20 feet from each other and both about 3 inches down. The 1898 Indian Head was found about .25 miles up stream. I used my Ace 250 and it is working well. The Half Dime gave a strong signal but did go back and forth between dime and penny.

:usaflag:Awesome finds...congrats !!

Nice finds, I mostly do beach hunts and find quite a bit but would love to find some old coins like this.
Good Luck on your next hunt.
STAN.

Great finds! :thumbup: Was this a place you'd researched, or just "got lucky" ? If you researched, it obviously paid-off...if not, I believe the old saying that "I'd rather be lucky than good" :happy: Either way, ya done good, and as suggested, I'd definitely have to hit it again.

Congrats!

Smitty

Congrats Hellgammite!! you have probably got us all thinking about the nearest river bank right now. Great finds!! :twodetecting:

Alright!:bouncy:Congrats on the old coins!:beers:Very, very nice!:clapping:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

I guess you can say that I got lucky with this location. It was not previously researched. I have tried recently to do some research but have not been able to find anything. Either way I do not want to tell my exact location because I do not want alot of people around it.

Oh c'mon....you could post the location on the internet......it'd just be between us :rofl: Try looking on the internet, or your local library for old plat maps of your area.

Smitty

You can pick copies of those up at your local City Hall usually at the tax accessors office or the County Registrar.

Bill.